episode 1 - junhui

MY IMAGINATION WAS SO FUCKING WIDE WHY

TUESDAY

I woke up, late for school. "jesus, why didn't I set an alarm? honestly, yoon jeong-ah, you're so stupid."

I had exactly 10 minutes to fix myself and 5 minutes to eat breakfast then take a bus ride to school.

As I was getting on the bus, I saw a familiar face and immediately turned back as I saw clearly who it was. It was him. The only person I've been in love these past few years.

I arrived at school and ran as fast as I could that my hair tie fell to the ground but I did not waste any time and just ran towards the main entrance. Sprinted directly to the classroom and surprisingly, I wasn't late. My professor suddenly talked about some tasks to be handed in by the end of the week. Everyone in the class sighed.

Classes went on and on until it was finally dismissal time.

I walk to the gate and was surprised by Junhui. A guy I liked since he transferred from China, 4 years ago. 

"Here. You dropped it earlier this morning." He hands me a white scrunchie.

"Oh.. thanks!" 

He touched my shoulder like he was about to say something.

"And uh, do you, maybe...wanna be my partner on this homework?"

"Yeah, sure.." I answered hesitantly. 'is he joking.'

'Gosh, his smile, his voice, please tell me I'm not dead yet I'm seeing angels'

"Can we go to your place? It's the nearest and we need to finish it today. I have to leave for something tomorrow and the day after that." I spoke.

"Alright. Let's go," he replied

[In junhui's house]

"A quick warning, if my brothers see you they might get weird since they haven't met a lot of my school friends."

'I'm in the "friends" zone?'

"That's fine for me. I have 6 over-dramatic brothers,"

"No way! I also have 6. We're all in the same age range since four of us are adopted except for the oldest and the youngest. But enough about that, you can head to my room on the second floor. It's the only room on the right. You go there and I'll find our materials."

His room smells exactly like him, godly. I roamed around his room and found a small chair to sit on. I sat on it and heard a small thud behind me. It was like a tiny secret closet. I tried opening it and it revealed a lot of.. adult stuff?

"Oh god," I hurriedly closed it as I heard his footsteps coming up the stairs.

I tried to close it like it was before, unfortunately..

"It's not mine. It's one of my brother's stuff-. H-he asked me to hide it for a while...." He says eyes widened as he arrived at his bedroom door.

"I-I believe you.."

"Good."

We continued to make the project on his desk as if nothing happened before this.

As I was writing, I felt a pair of eyes staring at every move I do.

"You're so pretty when you're focused." He tried to whisper.