Epilogue

Snow was slowly falling as children were playing outside, building snowmen as they enjoyed the cold air of winter. Minhyuk stood in front of the window, back to the turned towards the scene of joyous children playing as he watched his mate with their child. Said child was sleeping on (M/n)'s chest, hand holding his sweater, seeking more of the warmth the Omega provided. Their little girl was born with Minhyuk's red hair and (M/n)'s eyes, to them she was perfect. The red haired Alpha would never forget when he was told that (M/n) was pregnant.
Worried as he was, he had completely forgotten about his own birthday. He came back home after a tiring day of work only to be startled by everyone wishing him a happy birthday. Minhyuk was told he did a perfect imitation of a fish. They made sure everything was perfect, made him all his favorite dishes, decorated with his favorite colors. The gifts were the best, especially his mate's. They had never talked about it but he remembered the longing when (M/n) watched Cho-Hee. Inside was a necklace with half of an Angel wing and a card. 'Hi dad.'

Jihoon was the one who snapped him out of his memory, handing him his daughter. She was their everything. The laughter of the children faded as Minhyuk finally joined everyone in the living room ready to celebrate another Christmas with their strange family. It was rather late, some of them were half asleep or already asleep. They decided to make everyone sleep over so no one would be late to open the gifts the morning after. Sena and Cho-Hee held their little boy between them while Jihoon claimed his seat again and moved Chanhyun to his lap.
They were still surprised to see Taemin and Nathan, not used to see them again. They had suddenly appeared a few weeks earlier. Most of the group would find Sena and Taemin 'fight' often claiming that "For an Angel you sure talk back a lot."
"For a Devil you sure talk too much." They never really meant it to harm the other. Nathan was asleep, head on Taemin's shoulder as they sat close to the fire place. (M/n) was looking at them, a hint of amusement in his eyes as he rested his hand of his belly. An habit he never could get rid of after the birth of their little girl.

Life may be tiring at times but to them, it was perfect. Minhyuk never said it but he really thought that the others should have a child too, make the house a bit more lively. Though he knew not to rush them as he teased them. Minhyuk often got the same answer. "Why don't you try for another child if you love children so much ?" They could call him greedy but he wanted that too. Except that they did talk about it before trying.
It was a life they wouldn't trade for anything.
The following years they saw their children grow, it wasn't always easy but they always found a way to make it better. That was until Jongin, Sena and Cho-Hee's first son, came back home. Cho-Hee immediately sensed something wrong. "What is it ?"
He jumped, startled by the voice of his mother. "Nothing !"
She crossed her arms and lifted an eyebrow at that answer. "Just something strange that happened..." he sighed. "Felt like time stopped for a minute..."
Cho-Hee dismissed her son after that and called a meeting for the adults.

"It would appear that Angels and Devils have found our son." she declared, everyone tensed at that. No one had a good experience with them and all of their children were born humans. They often scared the daring Angels and Devils who dared to approach their children when they were younger. Now, they had no one to push them away. "Let's hope they don't end up like us." was all they said. They may have met in difficult circumstances but they were glad they met, though they wished for a different kind of meeting. They hoped for the best for their children.
Hoped for them to come back home after they realized that it is better with their parents. They wouldn't know what they'll become nor how they'll act but they wished that they acted how they saw fit. Much like they did. Follow in their footsteps, find the ground they were born on again. They could only trust their children. It was a matter of time.

They knew they would come back home. One way or another. Just like they did.

- - -

Hi, hello, heya.

It's the end. That's all.

Yes the ending is not really happy but what I had planned was MUCH worse. But y'all said you wanted children so I couldn't do what I had originally planned, sad.
The real ending is angsty, like really. I won't tell what it is but if you read the comments, you probably saw.
It's going to be on my One-shot book at some point. But this is where it ends.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I just want to thank everyone who reads, vote, add to their reading lists and comments because y'all are amazing. I'm so happy I wrote anything even if none of it was planned!

Anyway, it is the end. It was a wonderful adventure with y'all. I hope to see some of you on another story of mine and wish you all the best.

Also I'll be editing it one day because I know I made a lot of typos, poor Minhyuk got a lot on his name.
💚 🐍