Get Some Sleep [fluff]

[035's P.O.V]

The rain patters softly against the window as I flick through the pages of my book; the shimmering stars filling the sky outside my window.

The only distraction from my reading are the heavy, rushed footsteps echoing through our cottage.
After a few minutes of trying to ignore it, I sigh in frustration and shut my book.

I make my way to Doc's study room, and chuckle softly when I see him rushing back and forth between two huge brown textbooks and a nearly unrecognisable corpse on the table. Clearly he's either on the verge of a break through- or he simply thinks he is.

"Doc? It's 3am," I state casually, leaning against the doorframe.
"Huh? Oh, greetings, Sock- did I wake you?" He stammers, polite as ever.
"No, I don't need to sleep. You, however-"

He sighs, suddenly looking a lot more tired.
"I know, dear, but I need to wor-"
"Did you call me dear?"
I interrupt, amused.

"I... I apologise, I don't know where that came from..."
He stumbles over his words, scratching his neck lightly.

"No, no, it was cute," I reassure him; he turns away awkwardly, "You need sleep, Doc,"

"Yes, I know, but-"
"No. Come on, it's 3am, we're going to bed."
I demand, grabbing his hand and tugging him away from his little office.

He yawns defeatedly, and doesn't pull his hand away from mine.

When we reach our bedroom, he tries to climb into bed with his mask and boots on.

"You can't sleep with your mask on, darlin'- it stabbed me last time!" I retort, shaking my head and smiling at him.

Doc seems to ponder what to do for a few seconds, before mumbling something under his breath.
"Hmm?" I ask, not hearing him.
"Can you, uh, not look at my face... Please..." He mumbles sadly, hands faltering before his mask as he goes to pull it off.

"Sweetheart," I start, moving over to him. "I know you hate the scars, but please know how gorgeous you are- if not to you, then to me! I think you're stunning, Doctor,"

"...Really?"
"Of course! You're incredible, dearest,"
He looks at me for a moment, before slowly pulling his mask off of his head- revealing his curly black hair and stunning features once more.

He's always so careful for me not to see his face, but I think he's beautiful.

I cradle his face between my hands, gazing into his eyes happily.
He doesn't meet my gaze, although I notice a pink tint creeping across his grey skin.

"Come on, Doc, let's get you to bed, shall we?"
I mumble softly, slowly leading him to the bed. He pulls his boots off and curls up under the thick blanket.

I turn to leave, satisified that he's taking care of himself, when I hear a small whisper from the bed.

"Stay with me?"

It shocks me for a moment- we don't usually sleep in the same bed very often, considering he works all day and night and I don't need sleep; so I excitedly jump into bed and curl around him.

I lie on top of Doc with my porcelain face buried into his warm neck.

"Sock..?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry I don't spend as much time with you anymore. I miss you," He sighs sadly.

I wrap my arms around him tighter.
"I love you, Doc,"

"I love you too,"