Piano By The Fire [fluff]

Third POV

Slender fingers dance across the piano keys; 049 bringing the beautiful melody to life in the silence of the house.

The plague-doctor-esque mask is set down on the table beside him, as he assumed he was alone in the room. Little does he know that 035 had made his way into the room whilst the Doctor is focused.

During a particularly difficuly part of the song, the Doctor glances up to see 035; only to grow embarrased at seeing how lovingly the Mask's gaze is.

The sudden suprise of being watched almost caused the Doctor to hit the wrong notes, but he managed to finish the song without mistake.

He sighs softly, chuckling to himself.
"When did you get home, dearest? You scared me,"

"Nevermind that, I haven't seen you without your mask in so long! I've missed your gorgeous face, my love!"
035 states dramatically, making 049 blush darkly and reach for his mask.

The Comedy Mask switches to a face of tradgedy.
"Dear, wait! What are you doing?"
"I... I don't wish for you to see me like this,"
049 mumbles, a sad tone to his voice.

"Darling."
049 doesn't respond.
"Darling, look at me,"
035 repeats, growing frustrated.

The Doctor awkwardly looks up at his partner, wishing more than anything to cover his faceful of scars.

"You're beautiful, Doctor. Scars and all," He states simply.

Reassuring the Doctor was never an easy feat, but 035 was always good at calming his nerves.

"...You think so?"
"Very, very much."

The Doctor seems to ponder that for a second.
He looks up at his partner, a deep pink hue on his cheeks and a faint smile on his lips.

"Thankyou, Sock. I- uhm, I suppose I could leave my mask off for the rest of the day, if it makes you happy."

Sock pulls him into a tight hug, running his hands through his partner's rarely visible hair.
"I love you, Doctor,"

"I love you too, mon amoure,"