Big mama's part 2

Butchy: Samantha.

I stop in my tracks turning to face him.

Butchy: We haves to tell them eventually.

Me: I know but-

Butchy: No buts. I don't wanna hide anymore. I knows you don't either.

Me: It's not about what you or I want. It's about what's best for our groups.

Butchy: But whys? We'ves spent our whole lives doing what's best for our groups. Why can't we have this one thing? Why do you always do that? You say you wanna tell them then the next minute you don't.

Me: Because as leaders we have to make sacrifices.

Butchy: Says who?

Me: Everyone.

Butchy: (Sarcastically) Well yeah but what's more important our happiness or what's supposed to be 'best' for our groups.

Me: I don't know.

Butchy: Well let me know when youes figure it out.

Me: Butchy-

Butchy: I can't continues likes this. I don't cares what the others thinks, I loves you princess. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one invested in this.

Me: That's not...You're wrong....I-

Butchy: Youes what?

I stayed silent.

Butchy: Right. Wells let me know when youes decide that our relationship is more important than what other peoples think.

He walks away slightly fuming and I realize he's right. I mean do I want to spend the rest if my life hiding and pretending to hate the person I love the most? Do I want to always wonder about the what if's and could be's? Do I want to know if I could slowly lose him because of this? But what if the others hate the idea so bad and I end up losing him anyway? What would my brother think? Are they really my friends if they can't accept the person I choose to be happy with?

???: Penny for your thoughts.

I turn around to see my brother walking next to me.

Me: Tanner?

Tanner: Hmm?

Me: What would you do if I dated outside the group?

He popped his head to the side.

Tanner: What do you mean?

Me: I mean.....What if I liked someone from our rival group, would you be mad at me?

Tanner: (Seriously) Samantha no. I could never be mad you. I mean sure if you dated anyone I wouldn't love it but I'm your brother am I really supposed to love the idea of my sister dating anyone. (He laughs a little) Just because you date outside the group doesn't mean anything will change between us. Sure our friends might hate it but your happiness comes first.

Me: Even if it effects the group?

Tanner: Don't worry about them. Lots of people are gonna hate things you do but you can't let them discourage you from doing something or dating someone you love. Besides if I judged Butchy for every little thing he did he wouldn't even be able to date you in secret.

I started to laugh until I doubled back on what he said. Wait a minute.

Me: You knew?

Tanner: Of course I knew, I might not catch in quick but I'm not stupid. Did you really think I wouldn't notice the difference the flirty looks and you sneaking out of Big Mama's every chance you get and Butchy not being around beefing with Seacat?

Me: How long have you known?

Tanner: I don't know. I don't keep track of time.

I roll my eyes. Of course.

Tanner: Seriously though, if you want to be with Butchy, I say go for it. If he hurts you that's when I'll step in got it?

Me: Yeah.

Tanner: Promise?

He holds out his pinky finger.

Me: (I smile) I promise.

I wrap my pinky around his.

Tanner: Good. Now I'm not saying go scream to the world that you're in love with Butchy but when you're ready I'll make the others listen.

Me: I never said I-

Tanner: You're in love with him.

We make our way home he walks inside leaving me smiling to myself.
........................................ ...........................................................

Samantha:
Suddenly
My choice is clear
I knew when only you and I
were standing here and beautiful,
Is all I see
It's only you I know it's true
It has to be

( I jump on our small wooden steps doing a small pirouette in the air before landing on the ground)

But that respect isn't worth a thing if you didn't earn it,
You don't deserve it.
True love doesn't cost a thing
And if try to fight it,
You start to lose it.
No, no, no, oh

(I see Tanner watching me from the window with a smile on his face)

Your friends are doing all the same things

(I pretend to ride a motorcycle)

And my friends say look at what you're wasting

(I pretend to surf)

But it doesn't matter if we change their minds

(I grab at my hair)

Suddenly I can see what I didn't before
And I don't care what they say anymore

(I pretend to brush dust off my shoulders)

Cause I'm fallin' fallin'
Finally fallin'

(I jump high before landing on my knees and leaning slightly to kick my leg up)

I don't need all the finer thing, ocean waves and nothing
So show me something

(I twirl on back onto my feet)

Cause love is all I need, all I ever wanted
And now I got it
Yea, yea, yea

(I picture Butchy next to me)

My friends all wonder what you're thinking
And your friends, they probably think the same thing
Well it doesn't matter if we change their minds

(I shrug my shoulders before running off)

Suddenly I can see what I didn't before
And I don't care what they say anymore
Cause I'm fallin' fallin'
Finally fallin' fallin'

(I pass up my friends as they wave at me going to a different destination)

Suddenly I can see what I didn't before
And I don't care what they say anymore
Cause I'm fallin' fallin'
Finally fallin'

(I finally reach the person I was looking for jumping on his back and hugging him from behind)
........................................................................
............................

Me: (To Butchy) Suddenly I can see what I didn't before and I don't care what they say anymore, cause I'm falling.

I get off his back and he turns to face me. He pulls me in for a kiss with a smile on his face and we stay like that as the sun starts to fall in the background.

Finally falling (falling)
Finally falling (fallin)

Sorry about the long wait I got a little side track but I'll have a new chapter ready and posted next Friday. The song is called Finally Falling from Victorious, I had to tweak the lyrics a little to match the story. I hoped you enjoyed and stay tune for the next chapter coming Friday.