Let's Do It

Knowing that Bret was coming home tonight, I quickly drove back to my house to grab his duffle bag. When I told everyone that he's coming home tonight, they were all just as thrilled as I was. Jane offered to babysit tonight instead of tomorrow night so we could be together by ourself tonight. Kate made everyone laugh as she sarcastically told us, "Well I guess I'm spending the night at Jane's too."

"We're not going to do anything tonight!" I tried telling them, but they didn't believe me.

"Yeah, okay..." they all spoke simultaneously as if they rehearsed it. I do not understand why they think all Bret and I do is have sex. We have done different things before. 

I rolled my eyes as I reached down to grab the duffle bag that was on the floor by the front door. Before walking outside to my car, I turned around and asked them, "So should I expect to come home to an empty house in a half an hour?"

"Yes Maura, you will be coming home to a perfectly quiet and empty house so you and your husband can have sensual sex," Jane joked. 

Looking around at everyone, then back to Jane, I replied, "Sensual sex? Really?"

She responded, "Well what else can you guys be doing that's so secretive? We'd like to see him too."

I chuckled and said, "It's Saturday night..."

"Oh! The famous Saturday Date Nights. Let her be," Angela told Jane. They both started arguing for a few minutes before I grabbed my keys to walk out the door. "Alright you guys, I'm going to get him," I told them as I walked outside. 

When I arrived at the hospital, Bret had all of his clothes folded neatly on his bed. And let me tell ya- I was shocked when I saw that. "Hey," I said as I walked into the room and threw his duffle bag on the bed.

"Hey babe," he replied as he stood up to pack the rest of his clothes.

After helping him for a few minutes, I sat down and asked him, "What do you want to do when we get home?"

"You know what I want to do," he answered with a smirk.

I laughed at his vagueness, "Are you sure you're well enough for that right now?"

"Well, I feel fine right now. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see."

"I don't want to hurt you," I told him. It was be a disaster if I leaned on him the wrong way and hurt him even more than he already is. It is bad enough that it was my careless fault he's in this situation right now. God forbid if I make it any worse.

He chuckled as he knelt down in front of me and kissed me. "You are not going to hurt me," he whispered. 

"Alright," I responded as I kissed him back and helped him pack the rest of his things. 

It didn't take us that long to get the remainder of his things from the room down to my car. By that time, it was six-thirty and I was more than ready to bring him home. 

During the car ride, we were talking about a variety of different things. He mostly asked me about Elizabeth. Or, his "Lizzy." Bret is such a wonderful father and I am so grateful for that. I know for a fact that Elizabeth is going to be so happy when she comes home tomorrow morning and sees her daddy. The two of them have a very significant bond.

It sometimes breaks my heart when all Elizabeth talks about is her daddy. She absolutely and completely in love with her father and sometimes that makes me feel useless. But on the other hand, it is adorable. The amount of love that this child shows for her father is definitely something special. 

When we got back to the house, I helped Bret out of the car and carried his bags in for him. I kind of just plopped his bags on the floor of our bedroom so we wouldn't be wasting so much time unpacking. Besides, he just got home; we would like to relax.