seven.

george didn't know what to say as clay dropped him off. all he could do was shyly wave after he reached his house's front porch before clay and his old truck had disappeared into the night.

he felt as if he were in some kind of happy daze. his heart, mind, and soul had seemed to make clay his entire thought process. he was kind, caring, and loving, not to mention how handsome he was. he remembered the first day that he had met the tall, yet younger boy. he wondered if he would ever get to kiss him.

this is just a phase, george. you'll get over him like everyone else does, george thought. no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't. clay would always act so sweet with him. clay used to be covered in a room full of girls, but now he and george were the only ones there. maybe clay liked him back? or maybe he didn't. he just wanted to protect him for everything and everyone, to wake up in his arms like how he did tonight. 

what are these feelings? 

why can't they just go away?

he decided that he should ask his mother.

————

"hey mama?" he went over to his mother.

"yes george?" she asks him, applying a small amount of lotion to her face.

"what is love?" he asks her. his mother stops and turns to look at him, confusion written on her face before she comes to the realization.

"oh! it's that cute boy that helped you the other day! i told you he had such good manners." she exclaims, a smile on her face.

"yes mama, that boy. his name is clay. h-he makes me fe-feel different.." george whispers, looking down at the ground.

"oh sweetie, that's precious! does he make you feel happy?" she asks him. both of them sit on the couch in their living room.

"yes mama, very happy... i don't know if he likes me back though. i d-don't wanna hu-hurt his f-feelings.." he mumbles.

"i can assure you that he won't get his feelings hurt, sweetheart." she tells him, "if anything, he should be really happy! i think that he likes you too." 

"i want to wait and see what happens first." he tells her.

"well alright, just make sure no one tries to steal him." she smirks. george's face goes red.

"MAMA!"