sixteen.

george can't breathe as he sits down under the large willow tree, sobbing as he covers his watering eyes with his hands. 

why are you crying? crying won't get you anywhere, george.

"i know— i know, i know.." george repeats. the voice does not leave, louder and clearer this time.

you're not good enough for that boy, and you know it! hell, you're not good enough for ANYONE. 

george cries even harder, pulling himself over.

"george!" he hears. he tries to quieten himself down, covering his mouth.

"george! where are you?!" the voice gets louder and louder, dominating over the voice inside of george's head. 

"clay..." he chokes on his tears, sobbing as he tries to gain control of his breathing.

"george!!" clay whispers, running over to george. he collapses onto the ground next to him, quickly pulling george to his lap.

"hey, hey.. don't cry.." clay says, beginning to rub george's back and arms.

"cl-clay.." george whimpered, trying to gain control of his breathing. 

"shh.. shh.. focus on my breathing.." clay murmurs, bringing george up to you his chest. george lays his head there, listening to the soothing heartbeat. 

"there you go.. you're doing it! you're doing such a good job." clay whispers, rubbing his back. george sighs into his arms, inhaling the scent of clay's cologne.

"you ready to go home now?" he asks him. george nods. 

clay instructs him to wrap his arms around his neck and his legs around his waist, all of which george does easily. clay places his hands on his back and his thigh to keep him up, walking back over to the car.

he then places his flower boy in the front passenger seat, buckling him in. he pecks him on the forehead and closes the door softly, walking over to the driver seat and then climbing in. he shuts the door afterwards and takes a look at george, a sad smile resting on his lips.

"i'll be right here when you wake up, okay?" he tells him. george barely moves, letting out a puff of air. the poor guy was wiped out. clay wipes away the tears on his flower boy's face with his thumb before he turns on the car. 

he only hopes for his flower boy to be okay when he wakes up.