safe place

taehyung stood dumbfounded on his neighbor's front door. he for a second forgot what was the reason why he's standing on the place, and just continue to stare on the wooden thing. internally, he's contemplating if he should knock or just leave the spot for world's peace. however, as he ponder more on his thoughts, he decided to fuck it and greet for the first time his neighbor who just moved in 3 months ago.

the brunette raised his knuckles and was about to knock when he heard a voice appeared too closely on his back.

“what are you doing?” breathe fanning his bare neck, causing him to feel shivers on his spine. taehyung gulped silently but decided to face the owner of the voice.

he came to face a younger looking guy, probably younger by him on one year or two. not only that, but he noticed how dark the appearance of the male infront of him. dark clothing, dark eyes, dark aura. it kinda scared taehyung, knowing he came to interact with someone who is feared by the whole neighborhood. even so, the positivity on him never fadest. 'sure you can't judge someone just because of the rumors'

“h-hi! i'm your neighbor, kim taehyung! i just wanna know my neighbor because you know, you've been here for a couple of months..” taehyung smiled embarrassedly while scratching subtly the back of his neck. the other male however, only stared at him blankly.

“you wouldn't want to know me” the guy retorted with a hint of annoyance on his voice. taehyung on the other hand, noticed the tone but he didn't mind it even a bit. he wasn't going to back down, he wants to prove to his other neighbors that the human living on that particular house isn't some kind of killer or what.

“but i insist to know you. i can't stand rumors floating about you being a criminal or psycho. how can they judge someone so easily? dumbass” taehyung mumbled the last part, not wanting the other to hear how he view his nothing but a judgemental hoes neighborhood.

the male raised an eyebrow at the other. “they are telling you to back off for a reason” the guy said before deciding to finally open the door.

taehyung scrunched his face on confusion, curiosity starting to kick on his system. “well i honestly don't care about what they said. if it wasn't from your mouth, then i wouldn't believe it” the brunette stood strong on his spot, not letting the guy who is busy fumbling on his keys win the argument.

“i told you, you wouldn't want to know” this time, the male turned around and face him. voice became darker, stare towards taehyung became dangerous. the brunette still hold his ground, but the fear somehow started crawling slowly on his body. 'fucking shit! why this guy is so scary' he thought to himself.

“and i told you mister, i insist to know” taehyung firmly said. he mentally praised himself that he haven't peed on his pants at the moment.

the guy is amused but he still smirked, making taehyung feel tingles inside him. he knew he shouldn't be thinking how hot the guy looks with that smirk on his lips, but he can't help it.

“you really want to know, mr. neighbor?” the guy asked with the same expression, words became deep that made taehyung visibly gulped at the tension but he nodded his head still.

and what the guy said infront of him shook his whole goddamn life.

“i used to take drugs. i was prisoned before. now, still wanna know more about me?” the smirk which only grew wider sends fear on taehyung's body. 'what the fuck..'

after that incident which took place a week ago, taehyung decided that it's enough hiding on his room and finally visit his neighbor. that's right. the urge to visit and know his scary neighbor is still there inside taehyung's mind. a week is enough for him to realize something.