Chapter Five

Weird Thing of the Chapter: I had to completely stop watching Oli's videos & streams while writing this bc I was just too uncomfortable.

But that was easy, he never uploads or streams anyway. 👀

We walk into the arena and disappear into the dark. Lizzie and I stick together and duck around one side while Lauren and Yammy take the other side.

"Alright, we need to get the other teams out and fast, preferably the guys first but that's negotiable." I whisper, looking over the barrier we're hiding behind and taking aim.

I shoot at someone's vest and it blinks before going dark. The person I hit groans and complains loudly before leaving, since we're playing a "hit once and you're out" version.

I hear a faint "I'll get them back" as Lizzie and I begin to move, and I shove Lizzie and fall back behind the barrier and wait them out.

That team is quickly eliminated, leaving just our team and the guys.

"Alright, now it's time to wreck them." I grin, and Lizzie fist bumps me.

We sneak around for a little, trying to track them. I see a small light and aim toward it, clicking the trigger a few times.

"Dang it!" Callum exclaims. I grin.

"Nice one."

I hear Yammy's indignant exclamation from across the arena.

"Damn it." I hiss, "Still even teams. Split up and surround them?"

"Let's try." Lizzie agrees, and we split up, sneaking up on opposite sides.

"There's someone there!" I hear a voice say, and I roll behind a barrier, landing fairly hard on my ribs and knocking the wind out of me. I get up and aim, clicking the trigger to fire at them.

"Aw man!" Scott exclaims, "Yeah, good luck with this guys." He walks toward me and I duck sideways so he hopefully won't see me.

"N-"

"Shhh!" I hiss, "Don't let them know it's me."

He grins, "Get 'em out."

"Absolutely."

Lauren gets out, then Lizzie gets Joel out, leaving just me her and Oli.

I spot her and mouth "now"

She nods and moves to get in a good spot, but he sees her and shoots her out.

She walks past me on her way out of the room. "We're relying on you girlie." She smiles, "You got this."

I move to get a good shot, click the trigger a few times, and the lights on his vest blink and turn off.

I leave the arena quickly before Oli comes out and avoid the guys to get to the group of girls.

"Any of them notice you?"

"Somehow no, apparently they're blind." Yammy laughs.

"Scott saw me but I don't think he said anything." I say.

"Yeah we got off free." Lauren says, and Lizzie nods.

They put up the scores, we won (obviously), and we come out from the corner to surprise them.

"Why'd the winners use our names?" Callum asks.

"Same reasons you used ours, I assume." Lauren laughs as we walk out.

"Think we're lame now?" Yammy asks, sticking her tongue out at them.

"Yeah." Scott says.

"Rude!" I exclaim indignantly, "You're just jealous we beat you."