CHAPTER TWELVE

Severance Hospital from Hanyang University was less than a 36minutes drive.
     Ha Joon got down from the taxi hurriedly as he race into the hospital, he immediately saw Dong-Min sitting down with a woman beside Mr Ki who was lying on sick bed.
      "Oppa Ha Joon" Dong-Min ran to Ha Joon with tears in his eyes, he hugged Ha Joon who bent down to hug him.
        "Dad, on bed" Dong-Min said as tears dropped down his cheek.
        "It's okay Dong-Min" Ha Joon replied wiping his tears with his palm. He followed Dong-Min back to where Mr Ki was laying.
        "You came Ha Joon" Mr Ki said softly, the woman beside him tried smiling at Ha Joon also but she looked away immediately.
         "UNNI"
         Ha Joon looked back and could see Alexandra walking fast towards Mr Ki.
"What happened? Dong-Min called me" Alexandra said.  she could recognize Dong-Min's mom sitting beside Mr Ki. Alexandra noticed Ha Joon staring at her but she ignored him.
       "It was just an accident, I'm fine now....I really appreciate you guys" Mr Ki said smiling at Alexandra and Ha Joon.
        Alexandra could see bandage on Mr Ki head, she looked at Mrs Ki who wasn't looking up at her.
         "How did this happen?" Alexandra said looking at Mrs Ki then at Dong-Min "are you okay?"
          "Yes Unni".
Alexandra sighed in relief "I was so scared, I'm glad you are doing fine Mr Ki" Alexandra said
         "Dong-Min, you should have called one of them or shouldn't have call them at all, they are college students and always busy, they also need to sleep early...now they are bothering over us" Mr Ki said looking at Dong-Min
         "Sorry" Dong-Min said in a low voice.
        "No not at all Mr Ki, live come first and it is a good thing he called, he just didn't know what to do, we are the only friends he got and we are here for him" Ha Joon replied before Alexandra could say anything.
        Alexandra looked at him, she looked away and sit near Dong-Min.
         "Thank you both, you have been a blessing to us, thank you" Mr Ki said smiling to Alexandra and to Ha Joon.
          "I don't want our Dong-Min to sleep here tonight... can you please take him home? The doctor said I will still need to stay here until tomorrow or next" Mr Ki added.
       "But who will stay here with you?" Alexandra asked
         "I will" Mrs Ki replied sharply, she looked up at Mr Ki in tears "I will stay with my husband, please take care of Dong-Min for us" Mrs Ki replied as tears dropped down her cheeks.
          "Goodnight Abeoji" Dong-Min said as he hugged his Dad, he looked at his mom and walk up to Alexandra, she held his hand and stood up.
         "Sleep well Dong-Min" Mrs Ki said as Dong-Min look back at her and look at his dad who gave him a cool smile.
          Dong-Min smiled to his mom, he walked away with Alexandra and Ha Joon.
         "You can go back to school now, I will take Dong-Min home" Alexandra said coldly to Ha Joon.
          "No, I have to make sure you are both safe, Mr Ki said we should take care of Dong-Min, not just you" Ha Joon replied softly.
           "Unni, please" Dong-Min said looking up at Alexandra who looked away, she sighed "okay Dong-Min".
          They took the bus down to Mr Ki apartment, Alexandra looked at Kate's apartment but she seems not to be home yet, they got in Mr Ki house.
         "The house is so unkept, there was a fight here! Is this the accident that happened Dong-Min, tell me" Ha Joon said looking down at Dong-Min.
        "Yes...Mom....uhmmm, Dad....Mom" Dong-Min said looking around, he pointed to a broken Vase. 
         "Mom hit....ermmm Dad and fall down" Dong-Min added looking at at Ha Joon and Alexandra.
          "Oh my God! I knew it, she looked so guilty, why will she do that? Right in front of Dong-Min" Alexandra said sadly. She bent down in front of Dong-Min.
         "Don't think about it okay? It will be fine I promise, they will both be one again and you all will be one happy family" Alexandra said hugging Dong-Min, tears rolled down her cheek.
        Ha Joon could see the tears coming out, he looked at her sadly. Alexandra stood up wiping her tears away  "go get some fruit and eat okay? I will make you some pancakes" Alexandra said smiling to Dong-Min.
       "Yesss!" Dong-Min ran to the kitchen, Alexandra looked up at Ha Joon and could see him staring.
        She dropped her phone on the table "if you just going to stare at me then you shouldn't have come" Alexandra said packing her hair up, she went get the stick broom.
       She started packing the broken vase when Ha Joon took the broom from her.
      He ignored her and packed the broken vase gently in the thrash basket. Alexandra rolled her eyes as she started arranging the living room.
        Ha Joon kept helping her before she started.
       "What is it? I can do it my self, I don't need your help". Alexandra said folding her arms.
        "I'm so sorry Alex... for that night, I didn't mean to do that to you, you deserve better" Ha Joon replied
        "Is he saying sorry? Aww so cute, what Ho Jun said is true, I was the one he was talking to Ho Jun about...oh my God!" Alexandra thought as she smiled a bit.
         She frowned and look at Ha Joon who was standing in front of her holding broom stick. "I did not say you shouldn't be all good to your lover but at lease stop making others feel bad while doing it". Alexandra said as she walked into the kitchen before Ha Joon could say anything.
       Ha Joon sighed "she isn't my lover anymore" he whispered to himself as he continue cleaning up.
        Alexandra got to the kitchen smiling "he look so cute while apologizing, I should accept... he is really sorry" she said to herself.
         "Are you angry at Oppa?" Dong-Min said he walked in the kitchen.
          Alexandra who was making pancake looked back at Dong-Min "no Dong-Min, just making him realize what he did was bad" Alexandra replied smiling to Dong-Min.
         "Okay Unni" Dong-Min smiled.
         "Your English is getting much better, Ha Joon is a good teacher isn't he?" Alexandra said smiling down at Dong-Min.
         Ha Joon who has been listening to them smile as he peeped into the kitchen and could see Dong-Min helping Alexandra.
        "Here, try it" Alexandra gave Dong-Min a bite
        "Hmmm, yummy Unni" Dong-Min said giving her a thumbs up.
         Ha Joon smiled and left his hiding spot. He sat down in the living room as he put on the T.V
        Dong-Min appeared with a plate filled with pancakes, he sat beside Ha Joon smiling. "Let's all eat together" Dong-Min said smiling.
         "Dong-Min? Let me separate it, we all can't eat together in a plate" Alexandra said coming out of the kitchen with a jar of honey.
          "NOOOO!" Dong-Min shook his head in denial.
         "Let's do what he want" Ha Joon said as he took the fork from Dong-Min to eat. Alexandra rolled her eyes as she sit near Dong-Min.
        "Eat Unni" Dong-Min fed her some pancakes she smiled as she chewed it, Ha Joon looked at her and could see her looking back at him, he looked away shyly.
         "We are like happy family!!!" Dong-Min said laughing out "I wish for Dad and Mom" Dong-Min added sadly.
          "Come on lil buddy, we are happy family and your Dad and Mom will be happy too" Ha Joon replied as he put some pancake in Dong-Min's mouth
          "Yes Dong-Min, I promise everything will be fine" Alexandra said.  After a long while Dong-Min slept off on Ha Joon's leg, he carried him to his room and put off his room light.
         Ha Joon got back and could see Alexandra looking at him
         "Is he okay?" She asked
         "Yes" Ha Joon replied, he looked away shyly as Alexandra looked away shyly, there was a always silence between them.
          Ha Joon sat on the chair near Alexandra "I feel bad for Ha Joon, he is too young to feel this, it is a bad experience" Alexandra said sadly.
          Ha Joon looked at her "Did something happen?" Alexandra kept quiet.
         "My Dad and Mom went through the same, I was just 4 when he left home" Alexandra said
          "I'm sorry" Ha Joon replied still looking at her, Alexandra looked at him, there was a total silence between them as they stare at each other.