Chapter 3

I woke up in the middle of the night and looked out the foggy, water stained window across the room. It was December and I could see that it was windy and starting to snow. Hard.

I guess the rain must have changed to snow at some point during the night. I got up and walked over to the window and sat down. I watched the silent white snow as it fell all the way down to the ground. I wondered to myself if the snow had a long or short journey to get here. It had to of been great to come from where ever it came from.

I heard Chris move and walk over to me. He sat down next to me and leaned on the sliding door window to his room. He wrapped us both in a big fluffy blanket. "What's wrong?" he asked sleepily and yawning. "Nothing, just watching the snow." I said quietly putting my hands in my lap and crossing my legs. I looked at him. He looked worriedly at me. "Are you worried that your brother might come and try and find you...?" He whispered looking down at me and moving my hair to the side. He saw a tear roll down my cheek. I looked down and felt it fall off my face and onto his hand. "I'm sorry, I didnt mean to make you upset." he told me quietly wiping my cheeks with his thumb. I looked at him. "I know, and you didnt, I promise. I'm just so happy to be out of there." I smiled at him. He looked down at me and smiled. "Tears of happiness then?" he asked quietly, I looked up at him and saw him smiling.

I saw his black makeup coming off and his tired red eyes thretening to close. He was happy though. "Chris, can i ask you something..?" I asked quietly. "Yeah, what is it?" he asked yawning and pulling me into his lap, hugging me as we watched the snow. "Why didnt you just let me jump? Why did you save me?" I asked looking out the window and closing my eyes, falling asleep in his arms. He put his head on top of mine. "Well i saved you because I knew you wer in pain, and i knew that you deserved better than what you thought you did. I also thought that if i saved you, i could give you so much more in life, and make you less scared. You seem like you've been through so much I didnt want you to go through that anymore. I know you feel less scared now, want to know how i know?" he asked me looking down at me. "How?" I asked turning to look at him. "Your not stuttering anymore." he smiled at me. I smiled back, Maybe this life is going to be alright after all. I thought to myself and fell asleep on Chris. Almost.

"WHERE IS SHE???" We heard from outside the door. I knew that voice.

My brother had some how found me. I knew he wasn't going to leave without me either. My heart stopped when I watched the door handle turn and watched him walk in.