Greed

I groan and turn on my side. But the covers feel different. I sit up and i'm not in my room.

Damien sits in a chair watching me as he plays with a cigarette lighter.

The room is giving me american horror story vibes with the black and white correlation.

"Stop playing. Take me home." I groan.
I jump at the sound of Klaus's chuckle. He is sitting right next to me.

"You know, firemen used to start fires. They burned books at 451 degrees Fahrenheit. You know why?" Damien says.

"No."
"Yeah well me either." He shrugs tossing the lighter to Klaus.

"You intrigue us Mel." Klaus says. He runs the flame along his tongue turning it black.

He takes a pink rose from Damien and runs it across the flame. It too, turning black. He hands it to me and I take it. The rose smells sweet.

"It smells just like you." Damien tells me when I sniff it.
"Deliciously pure." Klaus bites his lip.

"Does that mean anything?" I ask them.
"It does. We just haven't quite figured it out yet." He tells me. I watch as his eyes slowly turn from black to green.

"Until then keep that love. It'll come in handy. I promise." Klaus says.
"And why would I trust you two?" I ask.

"Why wouldn't you?" He says just as they disappear and i'm in my room again.

Cassie turns around.
"Oh hey you ready its almost time. Where did you get that rose from?" Its still in my hand.

I put it inside my book and I get up to shower and get dressed.

Once every blue moon Cassie, Avery and I go out into the woods to take in magic for our stones.

"So I saw the note Klaus wrote you, on your night stand. You got the hots for him?" Cassie asks me. Avery gasps.

"You and Klaus?" She asks.
"No. Not at all." I shake my head.
"Mhm." He hums.

"Mind ya business." I growl and she laughs.

We get to a clearing and take out our stones.
Now is when the forest starts acting up. I flinch at the sound of howling.

"Bro." I say looking around.
"Calm down. We're fine. Let's just get this over with." Cassie says.

I sigh closing my eyes.

"sobrevivir prosperar y elevarse."
(Survive, prosper and rise)

Cassie starts saying softly. But I can't focus as an uneasy feeling washes over me.

I open my eyes and then I see it. The faint blue glow in the distance. I squint at it, it starts moving.

"Guys we need to go." I say to them. They stop and look at me.

"Wh-" Avery doesn't finish before the thing is charging at us. Its a wolf.

I start running first. It seems like its only following me.
I scream when I hear it get closer.

But then I run into something. Scared shitless I keep my eyes closed.

"Mel."
"God-"
"No it's the devil." I open my eyes as Damien is rolling his.

"What are you doing out here?" He asks me.
"What are you doing out here?" I turn the tables on him.

"We said your scent is stuck with us did you hear that part or were you too busy drooling over me?" Klaus says.

"Pft. Don't flatter yourself kitten." I tell him.