Four

"Life becomes more meaningful
when you realize the simple fact that
you'll never get the same moment twice."
- Unknown

"You were closed for two days, Athene," Margarete paced between the aisles of Epeolatry. "Have you even heard of the complete chaos that your little article has caused?" Athene had taken two days to recover from her all-nighter, and though she might not have heard of the public's reaction, she had received a letter from Dumbledore expressing how pleased he had been. "Even the Ministry has made a statement about it."

Athene's eyes shot up, "What?"

"It was in the Daily Prophet. They basically said that your article was a made-up fairy tale. It might convince some people, but it sounds like they're covering their behinds." Margarete held out a copy of the Daily Prophet for Athene to see.

Veracity: the newsletter filled with lies. "They're certainly trying hard enough." Her eyes scanned over the words, and she nearly scoffed. The propaganda that the Daily Prophet was cheesy, artificial, and completely fake. "How can anyone believe this?"

"Not everyone has a knack for the truth, dear," Margarete offered the woman a kind smile and placed three books on the counter. "Are you going to keep writing?" It was an innocent question, but the interest in her eyes wasn't. "Because, if you do, I know some people who would be very interested in your next edition."

"I'll be sure to let you know when my next article will be released," Athene smiled, bagged up the books, and sent the woman on her merry way. The idea of a second article had undoubtedly crossed her mind when she hadn't been sleeping. She had gone back and forth on what she had wanted to do, but now she was sure. If the Daily Prophet felt comfortable blasting the truth, then she would be damned to let her people fall into such a trap.

A sudden 'pop' startled Athene from her thoughts. Anyone apparating into Epeolatry wasn't a common occurrence. Most people used the door or even the fireplace that she had set up in the back. So when a man suddenly appeared in front of her, she screamed. "What in Merlin's name!"

"Calm down, Athene," Charlie Weasley stood before her with the smuggest look on his face, "It's just me."

"Oh, my God," Athene threw her arms around Charlie's neck, "You apparated!" This was a monumental occasion for Charlie. All summer, he had been working on getting his apparition license and had refused to have Athene apparate to him for the past three weeks. He insisted that he wanted to be the one to do it, but each time, he chickened out.

"I know." Charlie sounded just as excited as Athene did. He looked himself over when Athene detached himself from him in awe. "And in one piece, too."

Athene raised herself onto her tiptoes and pressed a feather-light kiss to his cheek. "What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be working."

"I've come to celebrate your article," Charlie sent her a grin, "and the mumbling mess that was the Ministry's response."

"What did you have in mind?"

Florian Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlor was a bustling place with the pre-Hogwarts crowd. Students with new items in their clutches smiled at their friends as they shoveled different colored ice cream into their mouths. Charlie and Athene stood in line behind a few young looking girls. They waited patiently as the clerk scooped ice cream into cones. Athene ordered peanut butter swirl while Charlie settled on plain vanilla.

"For a man who works with dragons," Athene licked her frozen peanut butter, "your ice cream preferences are dull."

Charlie's jaw dropped, "Take that back." Athene laughed and shook her head. "You take that back this instant." Charlie reached to grab her ice cream cone, but she was too quick. She was out of the shop with Charlie chasing after her before someone could say periwinkle. Their laughter floated over the crowded Alley, and they wove through the hoards of people. When Charlie finally caught up to Athene, she was dying of laughter. "Take it back."

Athene batted her eyelashes with a coy smile on her face, "Make me." The two stood in silence. Charlie's hand was secured around Athene's waist, and, for a second, Athene thought that he was going to kiss her. But, instead, he brought his plain vanilla ice cream to her face and smeared it along her nose. "Charlie!" Athene squealed and tried to pull away.

"How's my dull ice cream preference now?" Charlie chuckled and watched her squirm. He wasn't expecting her to bring her own ice cream up to his face in retaliation, but that is precisely what she did. The ice cream dripped down his face, and it was enough to loosen his grip. Athene ran as fast as she could through the crowded street until the familiar storefront of Epeolatry came into view.

"I give!" Athene raised her hands in defeat as Charlie rounded the corner. "You win, you win." Her lungs burned, and her muscles ached. She hadn't run like that since her time in Hogwarts. Charlie, however, didn't break a sweat.

"Come on," Charlie pulled her through Epeolatry and up the stairs to her apartment. He sat her down on her sofa before going to the kitchen to get a damp washcloth. When Charlie returned and began to clean the sticky goo from her face, Athene was transported to a different time. "You're not all here, are you?"

The smile in Charlie's voice was bright. "Do you remember that time-"

"I came over, and you had soot all over your face?" Charlie chuckled, and Athene took the towel from his hand. Carefully, she cleared her peanut butter ice cream from Charlie's face. The silence wrapped around the two like a blanket, warm, and comforting. It had been weeks since they had been this close, and Athene was soaking in his presence.

Athene stared into his eyes, his deep brown eyes, and she knew that she would never be happier than at this moment. So, when Charlie leaned down to kiss her, she committed every second to memory. Every touch, every sweet nothing, and every movement. She promised herself that she would never forget this moment.

Author's Note:
This was mostly just fluff, but it was cute.