Meeting the Founders

Chapter 10: 

The following takes place during the Hogwarts end of the year feast

Diagon Alley, London

Harry, with Dexter on his shoulder, was walking through Diagon Alley, under a glamour charm, heading towards Gringotts bank. He was heading there to do a bit of business, he had gone there a week earlier to see if the goblins could locate him a Pensieve, they could, but it wouldn't be cheap. Pensieves are extremely rare and cost anywhere between 20,000 to 60,000 galleons, which was no problem for Harry, he no longer had to rely on Merlin to give him money, while traveling he had made a decent amount of money finding treasure and artifacts, so money was no concern. The problem was the fee for the goblins services, they didn't want his gold, they knew of his explorations as he had sold them numerous goblin-made items he had located, they wanted him to bring them back an old goblin-made sword from a castle in Ireland. Of course, it wasn't that simple or else the goblins would have just done it themselves, the castle had ancient wards all around it and numerous booby traps, goblins had been sent there before to try and retrieve the sword, but none were ever successful. So they decided to make him go and get it, in exchange for the sword they would locate him a Pensieve and sell it to him, of course he still had to PAY for it as well. After nearly a week of searching through a HUGE castle filled with booby traps and numerous dangerous creatures he had found the stupid sword and was now bringing it to them.

Harry walked into Gringotts and walked over to the goblin teller, he said "HELLO, Riphook, you miss me?" he figured if they were going to make him go to such lengths to get a pensieve he should at least have some fun, he took off his glamour charms and revealed his true form.

Riphook's eyes widened when he saw him and he said "Mr. Potter, I am shocked you returned so soon."

"More like you're shocked I'm still alive after you made me go through that death trap. Why do people always go to such great lengths to guard ABANDONED castles?." said Harry

"That is not my concern, do your have our sword?" asked Riphook

"Would I be back here if I didn't?" said Harry, as he pulled out the small, goblin-made sword out of his backpack. "you know you goblins sure are creative when it comes to ways of maiming people, you know that?"

"We take pride in our ability of defending things against your kind." said Riphook, who was staring at the sword.

"Don't you think a dragon is overdoing it, just a little?" said Harry, who had to search the castle and kill a dragon

"Dragons are an effective means of guarding our investments." Said Riphook

"But it's cliché, and you consider an abandoned castle an investment?" asked Harry

"Goblins consider everything an investment, including you, and you are quickly becoming an expendable investment!" said the goblin

Harry sighed and levitated the sword over to Riphook, "So... when do I get my pensieve?" asked Harry

"This sword is definitely real." said Riphook, who was examining the sword

Harry chuckled and said "Yeah, as if I would try to rip off you goblins."

"You are definitely smarter than the rest of your race, as for your pensieve, it will be owed to you as soon as we can locate you one." said Riphook

"How long should that take?" asked Harry

"Pensieves are very rare, it may take a while" said Riphook

Harry sighed "Fine, Owl me with your progress, I'll see you guys later." Harry snapped his fingers and vanished.