stirring the pot

"Hey, can I come in?" You knocked on the observation room with a pile of papers in your hand. Rossi opened the door to the darkened area and waved you in.

"What have you got?"

He was the only one in the room by now. You figured that Hotch was observing Declan's interview. Through the glass window, you could see the two women talking to Lolita, who looked like she was just at another Sunday brunch. She couldn't care less that she was under arrest for not only conspiring to attack an FBI agent, but also the disappearance of Lucille White.

You watched quietly until Rossi gently placed a hand on your shoulder. "You okay? You took quite the beating today." You paused. To be honest, you hadn't even processed your attack yet. Sure, you dealt with the bureau therapist after the ride back to the office, but she cleared you only a few minutes after walking in. They didn't know about your past, though, and Rossi did.

"Yeah," You finally responded. "Yes, I'm fine. Um, these are on a woman named Matilda Monroe," You started as you handed him the papers. "The senator received money from her account around the time that Maria went missing. Garcia and I are thinking it was a paid hit."

Rossi thumbed through the papers, nodding slowly

Rossi thumbed through the papers, nodding slowly. "That's what it looks like. Are you good to talk to Mr. White? You can take Reid with you."

"Really?" You asked in shock before you could stop yourself. "I thought I wasn't allowed to work with him anymore."

"What can I say? I like to stir the pot," The elderly man grinned.

"Have you found her?" Mr. White looked up from the table with despair in his eyes. You could tell he was absolutely destroyed, but after your discovery from earlier, you found it difficult to feel sorry for the man. Instead of being sweet, you cleared your throat and took a seat across from him.

Spencer stood behind you. He, however, decided to take the high road and tell him a soft, "No, not yet."

"Mr. White, we found some interesting things in your bank records. Do you mind if we ask you a few questions?" You said with the least amount of emotion as possible. The sad expression hardened.

"My bank records? Why the hell were you going through my bank records?" Mr. White retorted.

"It's a common procedure, sir," Spencer replied. The senator huffed and crossed his arms. You were waiting for the go-ahead when he raised an eyebrow at you, and you realized the childlike movement was his version of a green light.

"Who is Matilda Monroe?"

"Who?"

"That's what we're asking," You said. Frustration started to crawl up your gut. The questioning had just begun and you could tell he was prepared to deny anything and everything, making Spencer 'sand your life more difficult.