He is jealous.

You had recently gotten a new job, it was mainly office work which you enjoyed. Since you were new overtime was a requirement. Eager to learn more you didn't mind. Coffee was your best friend during the tough beginning. Michele was very supportive, he would make sure there was a dinner waiting for you, no matter when you came home. He would always listen to you telling him about your day, complaining about how tired you were and even how much you laughed at Collin's jokes. Collin, your coworker was the one who showed you around and taught you how to complete the different tasks. He was  the youngest amongst the colleagues which contributed to your friendly relationship. Collin would be a perfect fit for the definition of an extrovert individual, he was outgoing and extremely charming. He would constantly make jokes in order to cheer the coworkers up. Collin was definitely good looking, but you had your eyes and mind set on Michele. Michele wouldn't admit himself to be jealous, although he would always keep an eye on you, no matter if you were enjoying iced coffee together in a café or if you were out partying. You had been mentioning Collin to Michele, you usually didn't reflect on whether you were mentioning your coworker or not. Michele was however viewing it differently.

You had promised Michele that you would be home no later than 9 pm. When you were about to shut your computer down you noticed Collin standing in the door frame. You gathered all the paperwork and put the papers in a file before acknowledging him. He was holding his briefcase in a steady grip as he took a few steps in to your office. 

"Do you need a ride home?" he asked. Before work you had stressed to refill your car with gas in  which led to you refilling it with the wrong kind. Your heart was literally pounding out of your chest due to the stress. You had ran into the office, late. Collin had caught your explanation which resulted in him asking to give you a ride home - hours later. You didn't want Michele to worry about the car which led to you not telling him. 

"I'll take a cab" you answered as you were placing your phone in your purse. 

"Nonsense, I'll drive you" Collin said with a smile. You simply nodded your head and thanked him for the kind gesture. 

You thanked Collin for the drive when he dropped you off. The guy was literally talking the whole ride, you had noticed your phone vibrating in your purse but you didn't want to come off as disrespectful so you ignored it. You waved one last time to Collin before unlocking the door to your and Michele's apartment. As you were about to take a step into the hallway you collided with someone. You almost lost your balance and fell backwards when the person grabbed your arm. 

"Jesus Christ Y/N" you heard Michele's deep voice say. Attempting to laugh at your clumsiness you decided against it when you met Michele's burning gaze. 

"Hey love" you said trying to reach for his lips, in order to give him a kiss. He turned his head to the left and turned around, walking away. 

"Michele? What's the matter?" dumbfounded you followed him to the kitchen. Dinner was served, candles were lighten and the red wine was poured neatly into the glasses. 

"Who is he? Why the hell is he driving you home and where the fuck is your car?" Michele was walking back and forth with furrowed eyebrows. His eyes were burning with rage. 

"That was Collin, he gave me a ride home since I accidentally filled the car with the wrong kind of gas" you explained. Overwhelmed by the raging spirit you gently sat down. 

"Oh so Collin is supposed to be the person you ask for a ride? I was home, I could have picked you up" Michele threw back, his Italian accent was more evident than ever. 

"I know, I know but I didn't want you to worry regarding the car" you added. Michele gave you a disgusted look before turning around. 

"Merda" he swore. His well defined back was turned against you, you breathed heavily. 

"Collin, Collin fucking Collin. That's all you talk about, fucking Collin" Michele barked as his hand roughly went through his thick dark hair. 

"Michele, please. It's not like that. He is my coworker and he simply offered to give me a ride" you calmly tried to explain. Michele lit a cigarette, deeply inhaling the smoke. 

"It's not like that? Fucking hell. Don't you see that he wants you?" Michele angrily asked as you shook your head. You felt a wave of anger wash over you. 

"Don't you see that I want you and you only? Are you that blind Michele?" you angrily questioned. You grabbed the glass filled with wine and emptied it within seconds. Michele's stare was intense as he took a step towards you. 

"Fuck" Michele breathed out as his hand cupped your face softly. "I'm sorry Y/N. I'm a jealous asshole" he added. You wrapped your arms around him and he immediately hugged you back. 

"Let's get fucking drunk" you said with a smirk. Michele hugged you tighter while jokingly whispering "Could you please hold my hair while I throw up tonight?"