Your daughter has an attitude - part 2.

The tension was unbearable around the dinner table. You attempted to maintain an everyday conversation with your son Emilio. Emilio was a spitting image of his father, a miniature version of Michele. He was tall, his dark eyes were intense and his smile was perfectly pearly white. Emilio was rather easy to raise, he wouldn't talk back or give the two of you an attitude. His only issue was coming home in time, without passing his curfew. Emilio was a few years older than Emiliana, he enjoyed teasing her about it but while being sat around the dinner table he was totally unaware of Emiliana's shenanigans during the early hours. Emilio, however noticed a change in his father's behaviour. Michele was usually very cheerful, he would make sure to create a relaxed vibe around the dinner table filled with bad jokes and laughter but the vibe around the dinner table was indicating on something else. Michele sat with his arms crossed on his chest. His stare was etched to Emiliana, he was following her every single move. His jaw was clenched and his eyebrows were furrowed. He didn't utter a word, he was awfully quiet. 

"What's going on here?" Emilio's question broke the thick silence, Michele didn't bother to turn his gaze to Emilio. He slowly licked his lips as he brought the glas of wine to his lips. 

"Why don't you ask your sister?" Michele sarcastically suggested as he took a sip out of the glas. Emilio immediately turned his attention to his sister, Emiliana's eyes were set on the plate in front of her. 

"Yo, what the hell is going on?" Emilio repeated as his eyes were curiously looking at Emiliana. A deep breath escaped through Emiliana's lips as she bit her lip. 

"These two are being difficult" she mumbled as she lowered her head. Michele was intensively listening to the conversation between the siblings, her response was exactly what he wanted to hear. He was well aware of her pride, she wouldn't admit to being wrong in front of her brother. She was too proud. The five words that slipped out of her mouth were enough to drive Michele over the edge. 

"These two? These two idiots are your fucking parents." Michele angrily stated, his stare was intense. If looks could kill, Emiliana would be six feet under. "Do me a favour and keep your mouth shut, if you don't have anything smart to say" Michele added. 

"You guys are being so fucking unfair, I haven't even done anything" Emiliana stood up from her chair, her tone implied that she was irritated. 

"Sit the fuck down" Michele barked as she began leaving her seat, Emiliana decided to ignore her father's command. Michele wasn't in the mood of repeating himself, he shot up from his seat and grabbed Emiliana harshly, by the arm. "I told you to sit the fuck down" he gritted through his teeth. Warm tears rolled down Emiliana's cheeks when she understood that her father wasn't joking around, he was dead serious. Emiliana was forced into returning to her seat, when she sat down Michele returned to his seat.

"You hurt me" Emiliana sobbed as she rubbed her arm. Michele's tight grip had left a red mark, which he didn't seem to regret a single bit. 

"If you obeyed you wouldn't be hurt" he dryly responded as he lit his cigarette. He inhaled the smoke and exhaled it, repeating the process a couple of times. 

"But-" Michele immediately interrupted her, he wasn't in the mood of listening to her back talking. 

"Instead of commenting every single fucking thing I'm saying, start fucking listening" Michele's tone was sharp, his cursing indicated on him being furious. Emiliana lowered her head again. 

"I'm sorry" Emiliana mumbled, but Michele was far from being done with her. 

"Your behaviour is getting out of hand. You've been treating your mother like shit, for too long. I'm not going to accept your attitude, you're being disrespectful and that's the last thing I want under this roof" Michele ranted, his tone was filled with authority and dominance. 

"You're only listening to her" Emiliana bitterly spoke. 

"I'm not fucking blind, I've witnessed your behaviour myself and I'm disappointed" Michele argued back, he wasn't going to let her win this. 

"What do you want me to do?" Emiliana finally asked as she sighed. 

"Change. I want you to change your attitude. I want you to respect us, I don't care about you being a teenager. I demand respect and so does your mother." Michele truthfully answered. 

"I'll try" Emiliana responded. 

"No you won't" Michele said, a silence spread itself around the table "I don't want you to try, I want you to change your attitude." Emiliana gently nodded her head, tears were still running down her cheeks. She was attempting to cover her face with her long hair. 

"I know you can do it Emi" Michele softly spoke when he realised that his message had reached her. Her sobs filled the room as she covered her face with her hands. "I'm sorry" she softly mumbled between the sobs. 

"Come here" Michele said as he motioned for her to approach him. Emiliana didn't hesitate, she strode towards him. Michele stood to his feet and wrapped his strong arms around her. He gently stroke her back as he whispered sweet nothings to her, to calm her. 

"I'm sorry papá"  

"I want you to apologise to your mom in first place" Michele clarified as he sat down with her on his lap. 

"You're right ..." she mumbled as she added "I'm sorry mom" she stood up to her feet and threw herself around your neck. 

"I'm so so sorry for being a bitch" she apologised, the tears were still running down her cheeks and her eyes were puffy. 

"You're forgiven Emiliana." you softly responded as you dried her tears.