Shameless Fantasy

George slumped into his gaming chair as soon as he arrived home. Fed and satisfied, he was feeling a little better. Remembering his phone, he got up to plop down onto his bed instead and rolled into his stomach to grab his it to check his socials, only to find it dead.

Groaning, he plugged the phone in and sat down at his computer desk again to scroll through Twitter there.
There was a sudden noise as soon as he booted up his PC, followed by all his lights and electronics shutting off. A power outage.

He cursed under his breath. He didn't have anything to do at home anymore, so he just went back downstairs. The street was a little emptier since rush hour had ended and there were fewer cars driving on the roads.

George decided now was the perfect time to explore the areas around his new apartment. He started wandering around aimlessly, checking the glass displays of shops he knew he'd never go into, looking at tall buildings and little family owned restaurants. There was a park nearby, too. It looked serene and empty compared to the rest of the bustling city, so he decided to check it out.

That's when he saw an awfully familiar face turning the corner. He could spot it from a mile away. It was his ex from a long term relationship, Stephen, who he hadn't seen in nearly a year. Upon seeing George, Stephen's face lit up and he rushed over to pull him into a tight embrace. They exchanged quick greetings and caught up, all the while Stephen stood uncomfortably near George, invading his private space, but not enough for him to speak up about it.

"So, George..." Stephen said, still clutching George's arm from the embrace, "What have you been up to? Found anyone... Special?"

Something was off about his expression and the way Stephen's eyes bore into his skull. It made George's gut twist and turn, but he didn't really have any friends in the new city, so if he at least had someone to hang out with, he sure as hell wasn't going to let that chance go.

"Uhh... Well, no, not really," George replied, ever so gently tugging his arm way, hoping Stephen would get the hint to let go. "What about you?"

"Oh well... You know. The same old stuff," Stephen shrugged and looked past George at a fancy apartment building, "We can go to my place and talk about things that have happened, if you want."

George, not having anything better to do, agreed. Besides, it's not like the break up had ended on bad terms, so it wouldn't feel awkward. He followed his ex into the lavish lobby, up the stairs and into an equally fancy apartment.

After a quick tour, Stephen signalled him to settle into the couch and ducked into the kitchen. George took this time to look around the place. Little trinkets, each probably worth his monthly income, decorated glass shelves and ornate cabinets. The TV was ridiculously big, and the paintings on the walls were vibrant but soulless.

Upon the sound of approaching footsteps, he turned to see Stephen approaching with a bottle of alcoholic beverage of some kind and two glasses.

"Cheers to the reunion!" He sat down as well, pouring himself and George a glass each.

"Cheers man," George politely smiled and took his drink, deciding when would be an acceptable time to down it in one go.

Stephen turned on the TV, said an unoriginal toast and refilled their glasses. The drink was sweet and thick like syrup as it went down George's throat. The taste was unfamiliar but pleasant. "Probably some rich people beverage," George assumed.

After a few drinks, the effects started to kick in. The talking from the TV blurred together and turned into an incomprehensible blabber. George could feel his face heating up and feeling a little drowsy. Judging from how red Stephen was, he was in the same shoes.

Suddenly, Stephen wrapped his arm around George's shoulders. And surprisingly, he liked it. Or maybe he liked the closeness of another person after so many months gone without intimacy. Nevertheless, he felt touch-starved. Plus, this was pretty innocent and enjoyable.

He imagined what it'd be like if he was sitting huddled up against Clay instead of Stephen. Maybe he would enjoy himself more if he just mentally replaced the man he was currently sitting next to with the image of his best friend. George snuggled closer to him, leaning his head against the man's chest.

He imagined Clay pulling him closer into his lap as Stephen did the same. He imagined Clay staring into his eyes as intensely as the man below him was right now. He also imagined Clay cupping his cheek and kissing him softly, and he thought of how he'd melt into his touch, caressing his face and gripping the hair on the back of his head.

He didn't really know the face he had to replace Stephen's with, but that wasn't a problem when his eyes were closed anyway. The blind touch was much more open to interpretation as the person below him felt him up and down, caressing his body.

The kisses "Clay" peppered all along his jaw, down his neck and collarbone made him gasp loudly. The man gave him a final small kiss and they helped each other out of their shirts. The touch he felt on his naked torso was much more amplified now. The hands running all over him were intense and he yearned for more.

He wondered if Clay had rougher hands that would firmly grip him or softer ones that would gently caress and comfort him.

The idea of his best friend touching him all over, his fingers digging into George's sides, roughly, urgently, in a way that made him feel needed, drove him crazy. He squirmed impatiently, anticipating what would come next.
In his daydream, it was Clay that groaned and flipped them upside down, and it was Clay that ran his hands up and down George's body, towering over him. It was also Clay's name he moaned out to ask him to do more.

"Ugh, Clay..." He felt Clay- No, Stephen, come to an abrupt stop.

Fuck.

He didn't want to open his eyes to make eye contact with the man in front of him. Fuck fuck fuck. He fucked up.

"Clay?.." Stephen finally let out, breaking the deafening silence.
Guilt flooded into George, washing all over his body. His face was flushed red from the embarrassment.

"George..." Stephen let himself off George, standing up straight, "Who's Clay?"

George groaned, pulling his hands up to his face. Being drunk wouldn't make explaining the already outrageous situation easier. How would he even go about that? "Hey yeah, I'm sorry I led you on, the only reason I made out with you and let you touch me was because I imagined my best friend I'm hopelessly falling for was in your place."

Slowly, he pulled his fingers down from his eyes to find that Stephen was still standing in front of the couch, shirtless.

"Listen, Stephen..." George mumbled out and groaned, "I'm sorry, okay? I was just..."

Stephen stared at him dead in the eyes. George squirmed under the scrutiny and struggled to come up with an excuse.

"George." Stephen started, "You probably realized I still had feelings for you when we... started doing this... Thing, right?"

"Yeah." George quietly replied after a long pause, looking down rather than at the man. "I'm sorry, I'll just go."

Stephen didn't stop him as he leaned down to pick up his sweatshirt and slid it on. He just stared silently. George wouldn't know what to do if he was in his shoes either.

With a soft click, he opened the unlocked door and stepped outside. Another click as he closed it behind him and got out of there as quickly as he could without breaking into a sprint.