chapter six

Did I create this story as an excuse to rewatch Young Justice? Mayhaps. Anyways, I am going to start straying more from episodes now, I know I said that like four chapters ago but now I am serious.

Mount Justice

August 19, 19:39 EDT

The team was gathered for training, Kaldur and Superboy in the middle at the moment. They were sparring while everyone but Robin was gathered on the outer edge of the ring. Wally and Pietro were squabbling over food while Artemis, M'gann, and Wanda were chatting.

"Kaldur's nice, don't you think?" Artemis asked M'gann, watching the two boys spar. "Handsome, commanding...you should totally ask him out."

"He's like a big brother to me." M'gann deferred. "You know who would make the cutest couple? Wanda and Robin!"

Wanda choked on air. "W-what? Me and D-Robin? Why?"

"You're both mysterious, he's all tech-y, whereas you're more...magical, you'd balance each other out Plus, you look good together." M'gann shrugged.

"She does have a point." Artemis chuckled at the blush on Wanda's cheeks.

"I don't even know his name." Wanda lied, thankful when the roof opened and Red Tornado lowered down.

Wally sped up to him. "Do you have a mission for us?"

"Mission assignments are the Batman's responsibility."

"Yeah, well the Batman is with the Robin doing the dynamic duo thing in Gotham. But you're headed somewhere, right? A hot date? A mission?" Wally finger gunned Red Tornado.

"If we can be of help." Kaldur stepped in.

Red Tornado caved, pulling up the file of Kent Nelson, explaining who he was. Wally rolled his eyes when Kaldur said he was the earth's sorcerer supreme, saying he was a fake under his breath to Artemis. Tornado gave them the key to the Tower of Fate so they could protect the Helmet of Fate since Kent Nelson was missing. The team left for the bioship.

Salem

August 19, 20:22 EDT

"We've reached Tornado's coordinates but there's nothing here." M'gann lowered the ship into the street in camouflage mode.

Kid Flash and Quicksilver ran around where the coordinates were given, coming up empty. Artemis suggested science was at work and Kid Flash agreed until Miss Martian walked up, then he changed his tune quickly, saying it was obviously the mystic arts. Quicksilver rolled his eyes.

"A test of faith. Stand behind me." Aqualad walked up to the nothingness and inserted the key, a tower appearing. Everyone was shocked.

They walked inside, the door disappearing. "Uh, where'd the door go?"

A ghostly apparition of Kent Nelson appeared. "Greetings. You've entered with a key, but the tower does not recognize you. Please state your purpose and intent."

Wally smiled, stepping forward. "We are true believers, here to find Doctor Fate."

Kent Nelson rolled his eyes and the floor beneath the team gave out, everyone falling towards a lava pit.

"Wanda!" Pietro called out, reaching for his sister.

Scarlet Witch threw her hands towards the lava pit, a red force field appearing between the walls of the pit, catching the team. She grunted when everyone landed, sweat appearing on her forehead. "Someone better think of something quick, I can't hold us forever."