chapter fourteen

I decided to skip over writing about 'Humanity' bc I just didn't feel like it. Basically, the episode went like how it normally did except with the inclusion of Wanda and Pietro. The team saved Red Tornado, kidnapped Zatanna like usual, and saved the Earth. Woo!

Now for the chapter I have been planning in my head for like three days.

Mount Justice

October 16, 16:01 EDT

The team was gathered in the mission room, watching on the screen a transmission of the Justice League fighting an unknown alien force in space. They watched as the force took out two Green Lanterns, Superman, Captain Marvel, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Icon, and Batman. The transmission cut out as soon as Batman was taken out. A new feed started with Zatara.

"Red Tornado, did you-"

"Yes, Zatara. We saw. Extraterrestrial defenses have failed. Initiate all terrestrial defense measures."

"Affirmative. See you in the field." The feed cut out.

Red Tornado turned to the team. "I must join the League. We will protect the planet at all costs. But should we fail, the responsibility falls to you."

"We stand ready." Aqualad said confidently, looking at his friends and teammates.

Red Tornado left, leaving the teenagers behind in the cave. They stood, watching on the screens as the Justice League battled against the invading alien forces. One by one, the Justice League fell. The team stood stoically as Red Tornado called, letting them know he was the last of he League right before he himself fell.

"Looks like its up to us now." Quicksilver muttered to Scarlet Witch.

"So what are we waiting for a theme song?" Superboy snapped.

"A strategy. Earth's weapons are ineffective against these forces. And it has been tragically clear that a direct attack will not succeed." Aqualad looked to Robin.

"Checking satellite imagery." He pulled up the images on the holographic computer. Red covered the globe. "Here's where the aliens are now."

"This one get lost?" Superboy pointed to one in the middle of the ocean.

"That's Superman's Fortress of Solitude. The power inside of it must've attracted a scout ship."

"Then we will go to that ship."

"Yeah, break it down and build more."

Everyone ran to the bioship, boarding and flying in tense silence. They arrived in record time, making it to the frozen tundra. They found the alien ship and got out, hiding behind the snowy banks. Miss Martian flew in stealth mode up to the ship, using her telekinesis to rip off the communications device. The ship fell to the ground once she disabled the propulsion.

Artemis jumped out from the snow, arrow ready. She shot the arrow at the door, sealing the aliens inside. The team jumped into action, attacking the ship to rip off the weapon on top to use themselves. During the ensuing battle, Wolf got shot by a blast, disintegrating. The team took a second to mourn before carrying on, Miss Martian integrating the weapon into the bioships biomatrix.

Suddenly, two more enemy ships appeared, flying towards them. Aqualad yelled to Miss Martian to open fire but all weapons were down. Artemis told the team she had it covered, telling them to get inside. She took the ships down, running to the bioship with her bow ready.

That's when she was blasted, being disintegrated herself.

"Artemis!"

"Get inside, all of you." Aqualad commanded, taking the ship out.