chapter twenty four

This is the final part of this story. This is the end. It has been...one heck of a ride. 

Please check out my other works as well and thank you so so so much for reading this story and commenting and voting! I love reading your comments, they really make my day!

Watchtower

December 31, 23:40 EDT

The team and the Justice League watched as Vandal Savage cued up his boom tube with the location of a Lazarus pit. He turned to face the group of heroes. "I assume most if not all are going to accompany us?"

"You bet your ass I'm going. I don't trust you with my sister, Savage." Pietro glared at the ancient man, holding Wanda securely in his arms. He looked back at his friends. "Anyone else?"

Artemis nodded. "Like you said, Pietro, I don't trust him."

The rest of the team and a few Justice Leaguers like Batman and Black Canary all agreed to come, following Savage through the boom tube. They appeared in a cave where a glowing green pit of liquid was. Savage looked at the heroes. "This is the Lazarus pit. Submerge Wanda in it and she will heal. You have my word."

"Yeah, full offense, but your word doesn't really mean anything." Artemis snapped. She looked at Pietro. "Your call."

Pietro looked to his half conscious sister in his arms. "Wanda...are you ready?"

Wanda looked up at Pietro, a small smile on her face. "I trust you, 'tro. You would never hurt me."

Pietro kissed Wanda's forehead, walking to the edge of the pit. He gently slid Wanda in, watching as the liquid bubbled for a few moments before falling still. He turned to Savage. "How long does this take?"

"Patience, child. Your sister was near death, it will take some time for the pit to heal her." Savage replied, arms behind his back. "She will be healed when she emerges, that I assure you."

Pietro turned back to the pit, eyes watching where Wanda was placed in for any sign of movement. "What if she is drowning in there?"

"The pit will not kill her."

"How do we know that?" Artemis strung up an arrow, having it at the ready for the chance that Savage was fooling them into killing Wanda.

"Do I look dead to you?" Everyone turned to see Wanda walking out of the pit, dripping wet. She chuckled when she was engulfed in a hug by Pietro, circling her arms around her brother. "I feel amazing, Pietro. Better than I have in my entire life. I believe the pit did what Savage said it would. I believe my cells are no longer decaying."

"I told you that the pit would heal her." Savage smirked. "Now, let us take our leave before Ra's catches word of us using his pits."

Savage cued up a boom tube back to the Watchtower, ushering the heroes back through it. The group appeared in the Watchtower, turning to Savage only to find him gone. Batman narrowed his eyes before looking at Wanda. "I would like to run some tests on you, Wanda. Make sure that the pit truly did heal you."

"Of course." As the two of them were about to leave, an announcement went through the Watchtower.

"Happy New Year, Justice League."

M'gann and Conner turned to each other, kissing the other.

Raquel leaned in to Kaldur, kissing him on the cheek.

Zatanna grabbed Robin, spinning him around to kiss him on the mouth.

Artemis took Wanda's hand in her own, looking at the other girl curiously. Wanda nodded before Artemis leaned in and kissed her.