FOUR, AFRAID TO GET CLOSE

'CUZ SPACE IS JUST A WORD MADE UP
BY SOMEONE WHO'S AFRAID TO GET
CLOSE

FIJI'S PERSPECTIVE
as soon as i woke up, i remembered i was nineteen, and needed a healthy breakfast. i ate frozen strawberries. i wasn't the biggest fan of raspberries, so i never ate them (team blackberry for the win losers!). my mom and dad were hardly around, i thought they didn't like me. who's parents just travel to fiji and name their kid fiji? i'm pretty sure their love for the island topped their love for me. sometimes they leave notes for me in the mailbox. today my oh so loving-thoughtful-kind mother left me a note.

 today my oh so loving-thoughtful-kind mother left me a note

i hadn't gotten a note from them in over a year. i don't even know them anymore. i threw the note away and pretended i didn't see it. why were they drinking beer in the middle of the ocean? who knows. who cares. it was a quarter to 6:40 and i had to get to dance, the studio wasn't far from my home so i walked there. the basketball court was right next to the studio, so i was sure one of the boys would be there.

I entered the studio. looking out the window i saw braydon, tyler, and preston playing basketball.

tyler couldn't see me right now. that motherfucker is weird. he'll probably kill me for saying "ew". please pray for me.

i started to get in position for my "grand adage". halfway into my jump, i met braydon's eyes and i glared, the biggest glare i could muster. i should've paid more attention to my jump, because at 7:15AM, i fell on my ankle. it felt like slow motion. one minute i was in the air, the next braydon is trying to bandage my ankle. "why do you have such a big bandage?" i asked. "i could show you something bigger" tyler winked. i cringed. "the real question is" he paused, "why didn't you focus?" braydon asked. "i don't know. why did you look at me? this is your fault" i snapped back.  "it's your's. why do i have to be the bad guy all the damn time" braydon responded, clenching his jaw (omfg why does this make me cringe, those "daddy" books remind me of this bye-). "hey hey, guys chill." preston said. "yeah chill. i gotta go somewhere. duty calls" tyler winked. i knew what he meant by duty.

"you disgusting fucker" i mumbled. "leave me alone, i'm fine" i said to their group. "do you need my help?" preston asked, before he was rudely cut off by me. "no. just leave me alone."

and they walked off.

i regretted saying that.

— AUTHOR'S NOTE SHE'S SO ANNOYING BYE-