A World Between Worlds

Ahsoka POV

I pushed Vader away from me using the force. This gave me just enough room to plunge my two white sabers into the floor of the temple, causing it to begin to crack. I bowed my head, I knew this was it for me. My journey was going to end just as it had begun– by Anakin's side. Even if he wasn't all there, I had seen his eyes flash blue for that split second, I knew he was still there, somewhere, and I also knew that one day we would be reunited.

Vader raised his saber to cut me down, but to both of our surprise a hand came out of nowhere and pulled me away from him just before he could strike me. He stood there dumfounded and fell down a chasm created by the collapsing temple.

Meanwhile I was flung backwards and hit the ground hard, but when I opened my eyes, I wasn't on Malachor anymore. I looked around and saw darkness, but also light. There were white lines that looked like pathways that led to doors maybe? I still wasn't sure where I was nor how I got there.

Suddenly I heard movement behind me, and a voice speak. "Ahsoka...?"

I turned around and looked at the source in disbelief. "Ezra?" I studied him, he looked a lot older than he was on Malachor. "You look... wait. What happened? Where am I?"

"You were fighting Vader," he paused, "I saw you in there," he said motioning towards the portal I assumed I had just come from. "He was going to... so I-I-I grabbed you, and I pulled you out of there.

I thought for a moment, not sure what was going on still. Suddenly I heard a voice "You don't know the power of the dark side."

"Anakin..." I gasped. Suddenly I heard a hoot and looked up to see Morai. "Morai? You're here?" The convor hooted again and flew over to me, landing on my out stretched arm.

"Morai?" Ezra quesioned.

"I am Daughter," we both heard echo through the space.

"She's an old friend... I owe her my life, and now I owe you that as well." I paused for a moment, still taking in the surroundings. "How did you get here? And where's Kanan?" I asked Ezra.

Ezra looked saddened at the man's name. He looked down and away from me. "You've missed a lot," was all he said. It took me a moment to understand what he was saying, but when I got it, my eyes went wide. Kanan was dead. I decided not to press further, so I turned around and began to walk down one of the paths. I wanted to explore a bit.

"This place is ancient... Like a- a world between worlds."

"Yea," Ezra replied. "It feels like that dream where I met Dume."

"The creature named Dume... It appeared after Kanan died? That has to be more than a coincidence."

"I know. Caleb Dume... a wolf named Dume... What does it mean?"

"Perhaps Kanan's will is still at work through the wolf," I replied.

"How could that be?" Ezra questioned.

"Well, Kanan is part of the cosmic Force now. There are ways those who have passed on may still guide or influence the living. It's not impossible."

"Than if it was Kanan who sent me here..." Ezra trailed off.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I thought I was sent here to stop the Empire, but then I found you. Don't you see?"

"You think that Kanan sent you here to help me?"

"Not just you!"

"Want a ride?" A voice called out that was clearly Kanan's