A Night To Remember

"But Master, do we have to?" Ahsoka complained.

"Yes we do Snips. The council assigned us as security for the Senatorial Ball, so we have to do it," Anakin replied.

"More like you begged them so you could spend more time with Senator Amidala," Ahsoka whispered under here breath so Anakin couldn't hear.

"What was that?" Anakin asked. He stopped walking and gave her a look.

Ahsoka panicked. "I was... just saying how much I hate dancing."

Anakin nodded, buying the lie. "Trust me Snips, it'll be fun. You'll be able to just relax and act like a normal teenager for once. Make new friends, catch up with old ones."

Ahsoka rolled her eyes and sighed. She supposed it would be fun getting to catch up with Senators Chuchi and Amidala and some of her other friends in the senate, but she just hated formal balls.

"Now come on," Anakin said starting to walk again, "Senator Amidala agreed to take you dress shopping."

Ahsoka's eyes widened in horror. "WHAT? No way am I wearing a dress!"

"Well you can't just wear that," Anakin said motioning to her normal combat uniform.

"Well why not?"

"Because we need to blend in, and if everyone is all dressed up and you're wearing that, you'll stick out like a sore thumb."

"Yes because a seventeen year old togruta won't stand out anyways," she replied rolling her eyes.

"Well you have two options Snips. You can either, a) go to the ball with me, or b) stay here and meditate with Master Windu." Ahsoka shuddered at the mention of the Jedi Master. Neither her nor Anakin enjoyed the company of him, and they were sure he felt the same way.

"I'll go to the ball," Ahsoka replied with a sigh.

Anakin smiled. "That's what I thought."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahsoka walked back into the changing room and changed into the next dress. She had already tried on six others and was extremely bored at this point, but Padme insisted on her trying on multiple dresses. Sometimes Ahsoka would walk out and Padme would shoot it down right away and other times she'd say it looked okay, but wasn't perfect– the young woman insisted that Ahsoka's dress be perfect.

Ahsoka grumbled as she put on the next dress and walked out. "Please tell me this is going to be the last one," she moaned, but received no response from Padme. She looked up to see the young woman sitting there, mouth agape.

"Th-that... that's perfect," she said.

"Really? You think so?" Ahsoka asked spinning around.

"Yes, definitely. You look amazing." Ahsoka smiled, relieved, and walked back into the changing room to get out of the dress.

When she emerged, her and Padme walked to the register to pay. Ahsoka put the dress on the counter and reached for her credit pouch, but Padme stopped her.

"I got it Ahsoka," Padme said with a smile.

"Oh no, I can't ask you to do that."

"Nonsense Ahsoka. You're like a daughter to me, and seeing you in this dress tonight will be well worth it." Ahsoka beemed at Padme and hugged her. The senator returned the gesture and proceeded to pay for the dress.

The pair walked out of the store, dress in hand. "How come you didn't get one?" Ahsoka asked Padme.

Padme giggled. "I already have plenty, I don't need another one."