𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

Damon is leaning against a cart and Bonnie is beside him, they are strolling through the aisles of an deserted store, Bonnie and Damon are fighting over the cart handle.

Ethan watched the two fight over a metal basket. He found the two's constant arguments to be funny, it was his own entertainment.

"I got it." Damon said stubbornly.

"Okay." Bonnie sighs. She picks up a small piece of paper. "We need strawberries."

"And ice cream." Ethan added.

"Mmhmm." Damon hummed following the two Bennett's.

"Eggs, milk and--ooh candles." Bonnie picks up one and sets it in the cart, Damon looks at her for a second.

"I know it's been awhile, but you couldn't do magic as an anchor, so I'm curious what momentary lapse reason makes you think you can do it now?" Damon asked.

They turn the corner to the dairy aisle. "You know, when all this started, you sucked at making pancakes but now they're somewhat edible." She shrugs. "Milk."

Damon stops the cart, opens one of the many fridges and takes out a big carton of milk, he sets that in the cart. Ethan opens another fridge and grabs a bucket of cookie dough ice cream and puts it in the cart.

"There's no reason to be Peter Pessimist." Ethan snorts. Bonnie heads over to a rack of glasses and sets blue shades on her face with the tag dangling. "We have proof we're not alone."

"First of all. Don't nickname, that's my thing-" Damon points to himself and strolls over to Bonnie with the cart, he snatches another pair of glasses from her. "-And this proof-" he sets the blue glasses on his face, so now they both are wearing it. "-This mysteriously filled in crossword, could very easily have been you, or Ethan."

"I didn't. Fill. It. In." Bonnie leans on the cart to tell the stubborn vampire.

"And I don't like crosswords." Ethan shrugged trying on a pair of pink lensed sunglasses.

"No. You don't know you filled it in. You also don't know that you talk in your sleep. Eggs." Damon continues to shop after blaming Bonnie, again.

Bonnie opens the fridge beside them and grabs the eggs. "What are you saying? Are you saying I sleep crossword?"

Damon takes the glasses off. "I'm saying it makes more sense than the alternative." He snatches the eggs and slams them in the cart, Bonnie takes off her glasses.

"Easy with the eggs. We need those." Ethan grabs the carton of broken eggs from the basket and exchanges them for new ones.

"I get what you're doing." Bonnie said coming into realization about why Damon refuses to acknowledge that they aren't the only ones trapped here.

"What am I doing?" Damon asked.

"You refuse to have hope that you'll see Elena again so you don't have to be disappointed." Bonnie explains.

They turn the corner again.

"I refuse to have hope because there's nothing to hope for." Damon said in a slightly louder voice than before.

"Pork rinds." Bonnie stops suddenly, pausing in her steps causing the boys to stop too.

Damon digs into the car and looks at the shopping index. "Not on the list and ew." Ethan grimaced. He wasn't a fan of eating fried pig skin and he didn't understand why others would?

"No, day-mon-a." Bonnie emphasizes his name. "There were pork rinds on this shelf, There have been pork rinds here on every shopping trip we've had for the past 4 months."