𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

Bonnie wakes up on a hospital bed, her shirt still soaked with her own blood with her stomach covered in bandages.

"Oh, your finally awake." Ethan said as he walked into the hospital room with a pair of clothes in his hands. "How do you feel?" He asked waking over to her side.

"Like I've been shot with an arrow by a sociopath." Bonnie gently sat up with the help of her brother. "Speaking of a sociopath, where's Kai?"

"Don't worry, I have him heavily sedated and tied up in another room." Ethan grinned. "Enough about you him. You need to get changed. We've got alot of assembling to do." He referred to the Ascendant that was broken into a billion pieces. Ethan set the clean clothes on the dresser beside Bonnie before he got up and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asked as she slowly moved her body to the dresser.

"Gonna go and check in Parker, be right back." He gave his sister a little smile before leaving. Ethan traveled down the hall to the last room, where his special siphoner resided.

Ethan walked into the room to be greeted with the calm and steady beating of Kai's heart monitor. The said sociopath was layed on his back with his arms and legs bound to the hospital bed, so he couldn't move or escape easily.

"Hello." Ethan greeted the heavily sedated man, who groaned a bit. "If I hear that right. It sounded like you threatened to kill me, correct?" Ethan walked up to the man and leaned down towards his face.

"Mmhmm." Kai sluggishly agreed.

"That's cute." Ethan patted the siphoners head. "But in order to do that you have to be fully functioning." The Bennett stood up to his full height before moving over to the tray table, grabbing the sedative. He then walked over to Kai's IV bag.

"Mmm." Kai groaned again.

"Mmm, back at you." Ethan rolled his eyes and proceeded to inject the sedative though Kai's IV. "Sleep tight Mal." He patted the man's head one more time before leaving.

───

"Are you sure we're safe from Kai?" Bonnie asked after an uncomfortable amount of quite she and Ethan shared while being in the hospital room piecing together the Ascendant.

"We're fine." Ethan shrugged off the witch's concern and continues to work. "There's no way Kai-" before Ethan could finish his sentence all the power in the hospital cut off. "Either that's Kai, or someone else is here." The boy chuckled.

"Check, check. 1,2,3...." Kai's voice boomed through the intercoms. "Hello, hospital residents. It's your friendly siphoner here coming to tell you, revenge is a dish best served cold..." On cue Ethan and Bonnie felt their room starting to get chilly. "Let the hunt begin." He growled before the building went silent.

Ethan turned to Bonnie bug eyed. "How far are we on the Ascendant?" He asked calmly despite his appearance.

"It's almost done, but we're missing a piece." Bonnie held the almost complete relic in one hand and used the other to patt around the surface of nightstand beside her. "Where is it?"

"I don't know?" Ethan shrugged. "I though I picked up all the pieces." In all honesty Ethan didn't know if he got all the pieces of the artifact or not.

"We need to leave." Bonnie decided. She stood up wobbling a little but caught herself.

"Alright, I guess." Ethan sighed getting up. Bonnie walks out first into the corridor, cautiously. Kai appears, holding a baseball bat.

"You weren't planning on using and leaving me behind, were you?" Kai asked hardening his grip on bat.

"Vados!" The spell explodes glass and sends carts and debris flying at Kai. "Come in!" Bonnie grabs Ethan's hand and runs, trying to leave the hospital; the first door is locked, so they find another way out.

Bonnie finds Damon's car and gets in the driver seat with Ethan in the passenger; she turns the keys but the ignition won't catch.

Kai suddenly appears behind them in the backseat, wrapping his forarm's around Bonnie and Ethan's throat. They struggle against him. Ethan was a little amazed at the strength Kai had to hold them down.

"Aah! Unh! Get off me!" Bonnie manages to say with her limited amount of air. Kai leans forward creepily close to Bonnie's ear and whispers.

"I thought about taking the keys, but that'd be like taking the cheese out of a mousetrap, right, Bonnie?" Kai smirked wickedly. "Although, you know, fun fact. Mice don't actually like cheese. Isn't that great? Shh, shh, shh. Shh, shh, shh. So we have an hour until the eclipse. It's time to go home, Bonnie." He talks to her until he goes limp in his hold. Ethan, who was watching the whole thing just sat there. "Now you."

"Wait!" Ethan shouted still in Kai's hold which he wasn't complaining about.

"What?" Kai asked with a blank face but Ethan could tell he was angry because of the way his eyebrows twitched, something he discovered a while back.

Breaking from his train if thought, Ethan reached into his front pocket and took out the missing piece to the Ascendant needed to leave.

Kai snatched the piece of machinery from Ethan with his hand that wasn't over the boys throat. "You naughty boy." Parker chuckled. "I knew there was something I liked about you." A smile overtook Ethan's face and his heart began to flutter.

"Does that mean you're not mad at me anymore?" Ethan asked hesitantly. Kai's face blanked as he looked his fellow siphoner in the eyes.

"Oh, I'm still mad little witch..." Kai stroked the terrified boys cheek slowly as he answered. ".... just not as much as before." He said before the grip on Ethan's throat tightened.

The Bennett didn't even try to fight against Kai's grip and just let himself slip quietly into darkness.