𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗑

Bonnie is doing the locator spell for the Ascendant inside the boarding house, while Damon makes paper airplanes out of the newspaper and throws them in the front yard.

Ethan sat before her and Kai quietly watching his sister locate the magical totem.

"Phasmatos Tribum, Nas Ex Veras, Sequitas Sanguinem" She looks down at the drop of blood on the map, which hasn't moved. "It doesn't feel right. Maybe I need a bigger map?"

Damon comes inside and drops the newspaper on the table. "Maybe you're just out of practice and you suck at magic now. Let Ethan take a crack at it." He shrugged.

"Ignore him, Bonnie. Pretend he's a white-noise machine. That's how I used to tune out my siblings. I grew up with a ton of little sisters and brothers. You know, all of them constantly yammering." Kai spoke moving closer to Bonnie and discreetly eyes Ethan from the side. "But it taught me how to focus." He looks like he's about to kiss her.

"Easy there, big brother! She doesn't know you. At least buy her a drink." Damon pushed the man-child away from Bonnie.

Ethan turns around in his seat to face away from whatever that was happening. He stares blankly out the window completely unaware of the blue eyes drinking him in.

───

Bonnie is still working on the spell, this time, with a map of the entire United States. As she does the spell, Kai's blood travels across the length of the country.

"Phasmatos Tribum, Nas Ex Veras, Sequitas Sanguinem. Phasmatos Tribum, Nas Ex Veras, Sequitas Sanguinem" Bonnie chants.

"The spell's moving towards Virginia. That can't be right." Kai looks over Bonnie's shoulder and down at the map.

"Mm-mm, the spell's working. It's showing me Mystic Falls. It feels so... close." She turns toward Kai and holds up her hand.The candles' flames intensify around them. "It's right here."

As soon as she touches Kai's chest, the candles' flames go out completely. Kai reaches into his pocket and pulls out the real Ascendant, which is made of silver and gold-colored metal.

"Very good." Kai complemented.

"That's the Ascendant?" Bonnie asked.

"The one and only."

"Thanks for the mind games, jackass." Damon grumbled.

"Asshole is more like it." Ethan whispered with viciously.

Kai smirked looking over towards Ethan. "It was just another little test. To make sure Bonnie's magic was precise enough for the spell. I do believe you're ready. Pack your bags - we're going home." He smiled at the other three supernaturals.

───

Damon, Bonnie, Ethan, and Kai are out in the yard, where Kai is using the Ascendant by looking at the sky with it through a small hole in the device.

"You're wandering around like a crazy man, why?" Damon asked the man-child ahead of them.

"Looking for the exact right spot. We need to found where the power of the eclipse is focused." Kai explains while holding up the Ascendant to the sky.

"You know you could have just shown us the Ascendant to begin with." Ethan crossed his arms eyeing the back of the siphoners head.

"Yeah, but I wanted to feel your sisters hand on my chest." Kai teased smiling back at Ethan before refocusing.