Hanging upside down on the playgrounds moneybars isn't fun if you do it for long. Especially if you're holding your breath.. But you had been dared by Richie, Eddie and everyone else disagreeing with him.

But he'd buy you food and no way were you going to decline to this dare.

Determined, you ignored the blood rushing to your head, your hair in your face, barely above the ground, as you hung upside down.

"Y/n, come on. Five more seconds!" Richie cheered, checking his stopwatch.

"Y/n, come down.." they all looked worried, almost not being able to breathe, in anticipation of what'd happen next when you were holding in your's..

"Four."

You were about to fall.

"Three"

You were struggling to breathe.

"Two"

You were about to pass out.

"One."

Almost there, come on.

As he said time was up, you instantly breathed out, and breathed in as you moved to let your arms come up and hands grab the monkey bars, letting your legs unwrap from them and you dropped on the ground after letting go, landing on your feet.

You stood up, your balance was temporarily gone, and so you sat down instantly, head pounding. You felt your body move back, almost on it's own as you lay down, trying to relax, and control your breathing.

They all quickly flocked to you, like birds.

"Y/n, holy shit! Are you okay?" They all asked, but you couldn't really hear, ears ringing.

"I-I'm I'm fine! Just don't move." There seemed to be about three of each of them.

You groaned, closing your eyes. You'd never do that again.

"Ah, fuck you Richie!" You said, holding your forehead, in pain.

"I'm sorry, you can't." He laughed and you opened your eyes only to flip him off then closed them. The sun was beginning to annoy you, always in your damn eyes, doesn't it have other places to be?

"Here." You felt Eddie put some pills into your hand.

"Eddie, I bet these don't even work."

"They're not gazebos, y/n. They work."

That wasn't the right word for it, but he's adorable and innocent so no one corrected him on it.

You nonchalantly spoke, moving the pills in your hand.

"Bev?" You asked.

"Tylenol." She said, you could hear her smiling, which made you smile as she sat next to you.

You sat up and took it after drinking water.

"Thanks." You said after letting your eyes adjust to sunlight again and looked at Eddie.

"No problem. Just don't do what he says, it's bound to get you injured.." he warned, making you laugh a little.

"Okay, I won't." He was like a worried parent, your mom used to worry about you a lot and then.. she started to focus more on her dumb ass asshole of a boyfriend and worry about him.

It's no use in trying to get her to leave him, she always lets him come back. He doesn't bother you, though. Because if he cared enough to, you'd kill him, already so pissed at him for everything. You were glad he didn't pay attention to you, you fucking hate him.