A Throne of Lies

"You kneel before my throne unaware that it was borne of lies."

People came every day just to see me. They flocked to my doors, filled with the hope that I could save their lives. Gratitude coursed through their veins once they left my house. They believed I was actually helping them. I laughed to myself. Foolish.

I walked into the room where the "magic" happened. Looking around, I adjusted knickknacks that were scattered around. I saw, perhaps ten people every day. Each one would confess their problem, exclaiming that I was their last hope. Each one was told that I could surely help them. Each one underwent some marvelous task, after being assured that it would save them. Each one believed that I had done some grand thing that would change the course of their lives. Each one entered & left my house the same.

Shuffling to my desk, I glanced at the cluttered papers. I had plenty of time on my hands; I really should organize them. Grabbing one from the top, I scanned the contents before throwing back down. It was a plea from a young lady a couple of cities over. Her father was sick & nothing seemed to help him. She begged me to come to them since he was too sick to be moved. I shook my head. That was not part of my business.

A knock was heard. My head shot up. Striding over to the door, I straightened my clothes. With a beaming smile fixed on my face, I opened the door & greeted the person who stood on the other side.

"Hello, this is Doctor Anderson. Why don't you come inside?" 

So, I decided to write a short story based on an old/cryptic/idek saying. This is what ensued. I don't even know where I was planning on going w/ this. 

~Kat<3    6/20/20