Chapter 11: Missing

Chapter 11: Missing

Right after I woke up, worried face of Mama and silly look of Seika welcomed my sight. I immediately got up of my bed and roamed my eyes at the surroundings. I felt uneasiness. I just can't pinpoint what was wrong with me.

"Wow, parang ngayon ka lang nakapunta dito, Ate." I heard how ridiculous Seika's laugh was. I just completely went back to my senses when Mama started shaking off the ants on my arms. Oh, shit. I panicked a bit and had decided to went off of my bed. Nilalanggam na ang buong kama ko. Ang mga tupperware na isinama ko sa pagtulog ay pinasukan ng mga langgam. Labas-masok na si Mama sa kwarto ko dala-dala ang mga nilalanggam na pagkain. Habang si Seika naman ay parang tuwng-tuwang nilalanggam pa 'ko.

"Ba't ka naman kasi nagtabi ng pagkain sa kama. Burara," dagdag pa niya. Sinusubukan ko na lang talagang huwag patulan ang mga sinasabi niya dahil walang magiging katapusan ang pagtatalunan namin. Kumuha ako ng isang unan at pinagpagan ang kama ko. Si Seika naman ay nakangisi pa rin at siyang nag-aabot ng mga dapat iabot kay Mama.

Ilang minuto lang ay natapos na namin kaagad ang mga kalat. Humiga muna ang kapatid ko sa kama kong maayos na ngayon samantalang sinulyapan ako ni Mama gamit ang nangingilatis na tingin bago tuluyang lumabas sa kwarto ko. Sinundan ko siya ng tingin, kinakabahan sa kung ano mang tumatakbo sa isipan niya. Maging si Seika ay may ibang iniisip tungkol sa'kin maliban sa kalokohan. Kanina habang winawalis ko ang iilang mga langgam sa sahig ay nakita ko sa gilid ng mga mata ko ang seryoso niyang pagmamasid sa akin. They were probably wondering why I was acting like this. Well, I'm weird but I know what I did was kind of crazy. I want them to tell what the hell is happening to me and the dreamcatcher thingy but I'm afraid they won't understand me. Mahirap paniwalaan. Mahirap intindihin. I'd rather choose not telling them and end up misunderstood instead of explaining beyond unfathomable things. I hate explaining.

Napalunok ako nang magtama ang mga mata namin ni Natseika. She wasn't wearing her silly eyes anymore. She was just expressionless, looking unreadable as I felt how she can understand every bit of my thoughts. I maintained my cold eyes, trying to look irritated of her to cover my nervous feeling. She just sighed and lazily stood up from my bed.

"I know it's not easy to tell complicated things to others but I just want to tell you Ate Sumi that I'll try to understand everything about you. So if something's bothering you, don't hesitate to come to me. I'll listen and try to wipe your worries off." Her voice was kinda shaking and I can feel that she's struggling to say that. No, it was more like she's hurting while saying those words to me. I felt a slight pang on my chest while absorbing the comfort she said for me. I was torn between being touched and sad about it. I appreciated her concern but I can't help but to feel sad cause I know that it's so difficult to open up. Especially when it comes to my family.

"Thank you,'' I said as I hugged her tight. She tightened her embrace more for minutes until she let go of me. Seriousness was not on her face anymore. Goofiness was only the evident reaction left on her face.

"I have questions but I'll wait for you to tell it to me without asking,'' she said as she tapped my shoulder lightly before stepping out of my room. I was about to close my door when she looked back at me and sighed.