Chapter 14: Under The Starry Sky

Chapter 14: Under the Starry Sky

It took me minutes walking before reaching the playground. It was very dark. The only thing that lights up the place was the bright full moon and the twinkling stars which were very beautiful. If I wasn't in a hurry, I would definitely pay some time to watch the scenery above. I could also hear some cricketing sounds and the whispers of the cold breeze that kept on embracing me.

I continued walking as I hoped that Haru was here. Hoped that he's in a good shape and no one harmed him here. My heart was beating non-stop. I couldn't help but to feel scared for Haru and also for myself. I kept on overthinking and exaggeratingly feeling conscious because of the eerie vibes of the surrounding.

So this is what it looks and feels like if you're here inside the dreamcatcher at night. You could feel mixed emotions but the creeps were strong and too much to take. Now I understand why Haru didn't allow me to go in here at night alone. If I wasn't just desperate, I wouldn't go here. But I am here now. There's no turning back. I need to do this quick or else, Seika will be doomed.

As soon as I approached the spot near the slide, I saw a silhouette of a man sitting on the grass. My heart started to thump louder and faster. In spite of being nervous, I hastened my foot steps to confirm if Haru was the one who was sitting.

Instead of feeling relieved when I saw his sleeping face, I felt the opposite way. I began to feel guilty and sad about him getting locked up in here. He looked okay while sleeping but there is a hint of exhaustion carved on his expression. His brows were slightly furrowing as if something was bothering him on his dreams. He's dreaming in the dreamcatcher world. Funny.

He was leaning his back at the post which supports the slide and swings. The brightness of the moon touches his face a bit, making him look much magnificent and handsome than usual. I took steps towards him. I crouched beside him, placing my hand in front of his face. I stretched my palm and made my fingers apart from each other. I moved my hand playfully, tried to wake him up by the little movements of the shadow of it.

I smiled as I saw his brows furrowed again. He is always handsome. Whether he's smiling or frowning, he both looks handsome. But I prefer his mad expression better. He looks like a Greek God trying to calm himself down from driving his wrath in the human world.

"Haru-"

"Mom..."

That cut me off as soon as I heard him talked. He looked miserable now. He began breathing heavily as if he was running away from something or someone. I immediately sat in front of him and tapped his shoulder.

"Haru! Hey... wake up!" I tapped both of his cheeks this time. I could see how much pressure he was putting on his closed eyes, like he wanted to open his eyes but he just couldn't.