seven

I close the door behind me and lean against it. The biggest smile takes over my face and happiness overwhelms me.

"Adley? Is that you hun?" My mom calls from the next room. "Yeah, momma, it's me." I walk into the living room and immediately she knows something happened. "Who were you with?", she asks.

"Kammy," I answer hesitantly. "Okay that explains the happiness but not the flush and the red lips." My eyes widen and my mother laughs at my embarrassment. "Leave me alone" I fake pout. She stands up, walks over and pulls me into a hug, "Just jokes Ads, I'm happy for you, I knew you would come to your senses. When it's meant to be, it'll be."

  1 year later
  I wake up and feel an arm wrapped around my waist. My own hand moves to grab his and Kam stirs awake. "Morning beautiful," he greets, kissing my cheek. I turn to look at him, best I can, and try to kiss his cheek back, but end up kissing his chin.

  "How's it feel to be 18, miss adult?", he asks. "Well waking up with you next to me was a good way to start my adult life, so I say it's pretty good." He chuckles at my response then starts to tickle me.      

  "Kam...Kammy...Kammy stop! You're gonna wake up my parents!" I screech, laughing in between words. His breath fans over my neck and he whispers deeply, "I won't wake them up, you will", then continues. "Kammy, if you stop, I'll give you a surprise." He immediately stops and throws his hands up in surrender.

  I decide to tease him a little, and hope one of my parents don't walk in. Slowly, I climb onto Kam's lap and lean into his face. My forehead rests against his, and my nose brushed against his. Then I move my head to kiss his cheekbone, first the left, then the right. I kiss the tip of his nose and his jaw line, my little pecks leaving a trail around his face.

  I then resort to my original position of our foreheads touching and lean in until our lips are practically touching. He starts to lean forward, so I jump back, and climb off of him, to the floor. "Adleyyyy!", he groans angrily. I belly laugh at his reaction, because I know what teasing him when he wakes up does to him. "This is not fair Adley Cheyanne, I'm going to get you back." I look behind me and he is climbing out of bed. My legs quickly carry me out of my room and downstairs to my mother in the kitchen.

  "Good morning Adley," she says calmly. I greet her, then hide beside her at the stove. Kam bursts through the door and my mother looks at me. "You did it again didn't you?", she asks accusingly. "Uh, I am offended by this accusation, I have no clue what you are talking about." "Adley he's flushed and has a pillow covering himself, would you leave the poor boy alone?"

  I groan and rest my head on her shoulder, "He was tickling me, he deserved it!" At this she looks to Kam and kind of nods her head in agreement, "Us Lawley women take tickling very seriously, and apparently react to it the same way." I jump back from the stove and cover my ears, "MOM! No! No! Stop that!"

  Being away from the stove was prime time for Kam to grab me, so he did, and threw me over his shoulder. "Kammy! Put me down!" I yell, beating on his back. Kam opens the back door and walks towards the pool. "No! Kamdon James put me down!" I grip on to his shirt tightly and wrap my arms around his waist. This doesn't stop him though, he continues to jump in with me.

  We resurface and I am shivering. "I hate you" I say when he comes towards me and wraps me in his arms. "You love me," he replies and kisses me gently.

3 years later
  I walk out of the doctors office in shock. My hands manage to pull out my phone and dial my Aunt Kara's number. She answers the phone cheerfully, "Hey babe! Whatcha need?" I hesitate and answer, "Could you come get me from the doctor's office, I can't drive." Concern clouds her voice and she replies, "of course hun, I'll be right there." Before she hangs up I say, "please don't mention this to momma, I need to talk to her on my own." She says she understand and that she won't tell.