Chapter Nine | Closure with Appreciation

"I - I..." Was all that I could get out of my mouth at this moment. I was speachless. I tried comprehending what had happened.

"Believe me or not, I love you - and I'm not going to let you think or feel unwanted or alone. That can't happen..." He whispered to me, not wanting it to echo as our quarrel had done before. I looked at him, eyes watering as I slightly smiled.

"You're a sweet girl and I don't understand how anyone could think of you in such a way of displeasure." He held my head in his hand. "They wouldn't know what you truly are, dear - that's why I love you. You prove everyone wrong."

"I love you, too." I finally responded back to him after bit of silence. I closed my eyes, feeling his lips rest on my forehead and stay there. I felt closure and even more closer than before. Safer.

I looked at him and put a hand on his cheek, kissing him lightly as a tear streamed down my face. I've never felt so appreciated. So loved by anyone. I pulled away, quivering as he smiled, which made me smile back.

"That's the girl I know and came to love - with that beautiful face and smile." The Doctor wiped the tear from my cheek, smiling as I laid my head on the crook of his neck. He kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me.

I felt so complete, happy that someone actually loved me and was not saying it just get something.

"I'm happy that you crashed in my yard." I said, still leaning on his shoulder. "I would have never found an escape out of my old life and met you, or found out that someone really did love me. Nor would I have ever got to witness history right in front of me." I saw him turn his head to look at me, a small smile on his lips.

"I would have found a way, really." He chuckled a bit as I smiled and moved my head and tried to get up, but then he picked me up bridal-style and sat me down gently. I smiled and giggled as he did so. I was glad Jack wasn't here at this moment, as it would be complicated to explain to him. "I'll be back."

He looked at me confused as I walked to the corner. "Where are you going?" He asked as I smiled and put a finger to my lips.