Chapter 11: (Y/N) and Ruki

Azusa and Yuma brought you and Yui to Ruki's room after they got both of you from the Sakamaki mansion. You both approached him closer to check on him, his right chest was bleeding through the bandage as he was resting on his bed.

"Ruki-kun..." Yui mumbled as you asked the others. 

"How did this happen?"

"He... protected me." Azusa replied. You and Yui turned to him as his face showed regret and sadness. "Because of me, Ruki..."

"It's not your fault, Azusa-kun..." Kou said, comforting Azusa. "It couldn't be helped under the circumstances."

"It was too sudden."

.

.

.

~Flashback~

As the window shattered because of the wolves, they had been cornered in the middle. All of the wolves groaned, threatening. "What the hell are they?!" Yuma shouted before one of them charged and jumped toward them but Kou and Azusa managed to dodge it. 

The other wolf jumped toward Yuma but he dodged it easily. Kou jumped backward, avoiding the other wolf that charging at him.

Azusa dodged them until one of them scratched, tearing the bottom of his shirt. As he looked at his shirt distracted, the wolf charged and jumped towards him, his body didn't move as he watched it, suddenly a shadow was in front of him, and his eyes widened as it was Ruki.

The blood spouted off him as the wolf scratched him instead.

"RUKI!"

.

.

.

~Back to the present~

"Why did the wolves attack?" Yui asked Azusa as you turned to Azusa. 

"I know, it's weird. But we have no idea, either." Kou replied to her. You listened to Kou before you turned to Ruki with worry.

"Ruki..."

.

.

.

~Timeskip~

You both got out of Ruki's room to give him some piracy. Yuma sat on the couch as Yui and you sat on the other couch while Kou and Azusa were standing. 

"To tell the truth..." The two of you turned to Kou as he was speaking, "Ruki-kun had been acting weird lately."

"He's been under a lot of pressure," Yuma added. "All for that plan..."

"You mean...?" You mumbled as Azusa replied. 

"The 'Apple of Adam' plan."

"Two of us will awaken as "Adams"." Kou explaining to you and Yui. "To do that, we needed Eve's blood. In other words, both of your blood."

"Our blood..." You mumbled as Yuma went on. 

"That's why we kept drinking your blood. To become Adams."

"But Ruki started to feel pressured because..."  Azusa explained, the flashback when Ruki was going to bite you in the hallway but he stopped himself flashing to your mind. "he didn't feel any sign of the awakening,"