CHAPTER 1 "Welcome to Constance"

Betty Cooper POV

The day I've been dreading but somehow am very excited about is finally here. My first day at Constance is finally here. I've heard all the stories and have hovered through gossip girl the whole weekend to prepare for my first day. Frankly doesn't look very pleasing but I have worked so hard to get here so I'm not going to be afraid of a few mean girls and focus on my goal- Harvard. "You're going to do great" my dad says. He is most definitely my biggest supporter. "Of course she is, she's one of the brightest I know." I turn around to see Harold Waldorf coming down the steps. I want to like him, he is sweet, good to my Dad, but  I don't. Everyone thinks my dad slept with Harold Waldorf to get me into Constance and that infuriates me. I got in because I was a straight A student all my life. "You will meet my daughter Blair today for the first time! She's your tour guide and I really hope you get along". Ah, Blair Waldorf. From what I've heard she is the snobbiest mean girl of the whole of Riverdale. Harold has been staying with us for 6 months and I've not met her once. Maybe it's the shock of her father's sexuality but not even a single phone call from her or her mother. I hear the doorbell and see Dan on opening the door. He is just as excited and nervous as I am for our first day at Constance. I feel really lucky that me and my best friend are having our first day together.

Dan Humphrey POV

It's a miracle really that the two merit scholarships were given to me and my best friend. Driving to Constance with Betty, I feel a range of emotions but most importantly I'm ready to work hard for my future. My dad spend his whole adulthood making sure I would have a great future and with my admission here I had a chance to secure it. "So I did my research," Betty says. " We have to stay away from Cheryl Blossom and her entourage" "You mean Blair Waldorf and her entourage? She always goes on about how she rules the school." I reply. "There is a constant power struggle between the two which often ends in catfights and bitch slaps but we shouldn't be getting anywhere close to that." I laugh thinking about how bad could a catfight really be. After a half-hour, we finally reach and get down from the car. The campus is huge and really beautiful. I take a deep breath and look at Betty. "Let's do this!" she says in her most cheerful tone. I nod and we start walking. On the steps I spot the populars or as gossip girl calls them "Constance Elites". I recognize Nate Archibald and Archie Andrews from the football team. I played them last year. Other than that I only recognize Blair Waldorf, my dad is the Waldorfs' personal chef. Between the crowd, one person catches my eye. She has a tall, striking figure. Her voluminous blonde hair flowing down her shoulders, flawless skin. She is standing beside Nate laughing and looking effortlessly gorgeous. I know that group is supposed to be 'popular' all over town but i don't know most of them and now I really wish I knew her name.