Chapter 3 "The Blast"

Blair Waldorf POV (Saturday)

I don't like doing PE, especially in the after hours. Getting sweaty and exhausted even if you finally have a perfect figure is dumb. I switch on the shower in the girl's bathroom. There is no one there since I had to run a few extra miles courtesy of Ms.Lopez the new PE teacher. I like the shower place. It's solitary and I feel relaxed. But today I don't feel like the rest of the days My parents are officially getting divorced next week and I'm freaking out. Suddenly it all feels like a reality everything flashing before my eyes. Suddenly I hear footsteps coming. I am the only one supposed to be here. Well me and Ms.Lopez.  I call out and nobody answers. I bet that's how every horror movie starts. I step out with a towel wrapped around my body and call out again. There is a second of silence and a dark hooded figure pops out of nowhere and I don't think I have screamed that loud since ever. I drop my towel in fright and then I see who it really is. "You bitch Cheryl Blossom! I'm going to kill you!" This is the single most embarrassing moment of my life. "Oooh B hot body....how much of it is plastic?" Cheryl is infuriating. "OK see you in school on Monday. Hopefully less of you." She winks and leaves. I can't even imagine that Cheryl was the one who got me through my eating disorder. She was so sweet and caring and reminded me that I'm beautiful every day. But after her brother passed away she became a complete bitch. A part of me doesn't blame her because she was very close to him but the other part believes she is a red-haired monster. 

Monday

GOSSIP GIRL: Before we start this week, I have a hot gossip that Constance deserves to know. C and B were spotted alone in the girls' washroom while B was stripped naked. You know what they say, like father like daughter. Sorry A, looks like she is not into your kind anymore.

Archie Andrews POV

Shocking faces float through everywhere. I look at Blair's face which has despair. "B, we know this is false. Don't worry we got your back." Serena says tugging Blair's arm. "No, it actually happened. But it's taken completely out of context. I pulled a stupid prank on Blair and it was an accident." Cheryl says with genuine regret. Maybe that's a first. "Are you happy now. You have humiliated me in front of the whole school. I bet you sent in the tip yourself," Blair practically screams at Cheryl. I want to say something but I'm cut off by Cheryl. "No Blair, I meant it as a harmless prank. I swear. I'm really sorry." I hold her hand and finally say "Its just a stupid rumor Babe. I'm here with you." She places her head on my shoulder. I don't know who is Gossip Girl or how she gets to know her dirt. What if she knows about me and Betty. What if she is waiting for the right time to blast it out. I know Jughead won't send in any tip because he knows I keep his shoplifting a secret so the only other person who knows is Betty and she would never. 

This past week I've had a few awkward orchestrated run-ins with Betty but never a proper conversation. I want to talk to her. I want to clear the air. But I don't know what to say. I feel a hand pulling my arm and shoving me into an empty classroom. Its Betty! The moment I've been waiting for. She is right there in front of me but I can't speak. "You have been following me around like a stalker for a whole week and not said a word. So, spit it out." I look at her pale skin and shoulder-length blonde hair. "Betty, I'm so sorry about the summer. I...uh, I can't stop thinking about you. I've tried but it's impossible." I can't believe I blurted that out. "Seriously, how you could you say that. You ran back into Blair's arms the second she came back." "She's been going through a tough time and I couldn't leave her." It's true I was going to break up but I didn't have the heart to do it. "It's settled then, you have a girlfriend so you can stop following me around." She says these last words and walks away. 

Serena van der Woodsen POV

How can anyone be that ruthless to run the gossip girl blog? I have had my fair share of scandals. It is the whole reason I went to a boarding school for my sophomore year. I got involved with a few kids who landed me into huge trouble. I partied all summer with Georgina Sparks and Nick St. Clair and the end of the summer is when things went wrong.  One night we hung out with a mutual friend, Pete Fairman. However, unbeknownst to me, Georgina had set up a camera to film me having sex with Pete. I didn't want to do anything with him so I suggested he take a line of cocaine. He does so but overdoses and begins seizing. Georgina told me to leave everything and run, I called the ambulance but didn't know what else to do so I left. Afterwards, I waited across the street, wanting to see Pete being revived and thankfully he survived. But that video Georgina recorded ended up on Gossip Girl. It made my life hell so I ran away.  I can only imagine what Blair is going through.   

We are walking to Pops Diner when I see my 2 worst nightmares. Chuck Bass and Chuck Clayton. They are the 2 most sleazy, self-centered, and giant assholes. "Hello Blair, would you strip naked for me. Don't let the guys starve." "No Bass, did you forget she will do that for people who don't have that thing between our legs. Guess we know why Archie is such a wuss." They are DISGUSTING. Bass grabs Blair's arm and pulls her towards him and I try to break them apart while Clayton trys to pull me away. Suddenly, someone breaks them apart and punches on Bass's face, and till he has time to recover he punches Clayton too. It's that new kid Dan Humphrey. Both the Chucks get up and try to punch Dan back but he dodges and points towards a few adults walking down the street. I bet they are this close to getting arrested. "Back off! Both of you. Don't come near them." He says in an assertive tone.  He turns to us and asks if we are okay. "I could take care of myself. You didn't have to help me," Blair says this and walks away. "That's her way of saying Thank you," I say and Dan gives a small laugh. "Really Thank you." "Of course, see you around." He starts walking away. "Hey Humphrey, would you like to join us at Pop's. Dinner's on me." "Oh..um sure why not? You sure Blair wouldn't mind." She would but I wanted him to come. "No not at all come on." And we go in.