Chapter 2 "The Tour"

Blair Waldorf POV

I love the first days of school. I get to make a statement in front of all newbies that I'm not one to be messed with. The whole process of recruiting new cheerleaders, making new minions, and having a good first impression with teachers get me excited. I spot my friends on the met steps and I join then. We have been friends since forever. Me, Serena, Nate, Archie, Veronica, and one who is more of a nemesis Cheryl Blossom. Cheryl has been after my life since 5th grade. It seems to me that her only purpose in life is to make my life hell. She tried to take my boyfriend in 7th grade but realized she is gay. She tried to take my minions away but she realized they were loyal. The only time she succeeded was taking the cheer team away from me but I let that slide. "Hey, Gorgeous!" I feel a kiss on my cheek and Archie's arms around my waist. "Hey, Handsome!" I give a peck on his lips. So I and Archie have been dating since forever. It's almost like our parents orchestrated are falling in love which for much of the part they did. I am surrounded by my friends and feel everything is almost back to normal when I see Betty Cooper. I forgot I have to be her tour guide which is the last thing I want to do. With reluctance, I approach to her with a variety of voices screaming "AWWW FUTURE STEP SISTERS" and making ridiculously unfunny gay jokes.

Betty Cooper POV

I knew people knew about the affair of my dad and Harold but I didn't expect the whole school to know it. I almost felt bad for Blair since she had to deal with this stuff every day until she opened her mouth "So you are the two new charity cases," she says looking down on us. It's 8 in the morning and she still has the strength to be snobby. "Let's just get this over with," Dan says not reacting to her comment. We toured around the school which felt like a palace. Blair passing snarky comments and Dan rebutting. Then at the end of the tour, Blair came down to what felt like actual business to her. She flaunted her power status and told us to never cross her. The usual mean girl stuff. She was exactly what I expected her to be. "Just because our dads are banging, we are not going to be friends. So don't try". "Wouldn't dream of it" I reply. I HATE Blair Waldorf. But not for the reasons you think.

Dan Humphrey POV

Blair is making it really hard for me to feel bad about her current home situation. I mean my dad tells me that Blair is taking her parent's split relatively well but I know she is holding her feelings in how I did when my parents split. One of the worse days of my life. My mom says you didn't lose me and your sister, Jenny, we are just living away but I sure did lose them. "And you Humphrey. Don't come near me, don't talk to me. Just pretend I don't exist." Yes, I and Blair went out in 7th grade. Shocking, for me too. We weren't really dating because she never came to my house, never met my family or friends. But I got to be on gossip girl. "And you don't bother me and Betty. Do we have a deal, Blair?" "Deal" Blair replies and walks towards her entourage. I feel like that's the most we have ever communicated. I spot the pretty blonde again and this time ask Betty for her name. "Wait, seriously. You don't know her name. She is Serena van der Woodsen. The it girl of Riverdale, guys want to be with her and girls want to be her. She's really gorgeous". "Ya. I guess" I replied knowing it's a half lie. She is the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen.

Archie Andrews POV

Everything was great until this morning. I was ready to turn a new leaf. But the past punched me in the face. When you see your girlfriend talking to your summer fling you get that feeling of gut-wrenching guilt. How could I do it? How could I do this Blair whom I love so much? And if I really love Blair why did the summer feel so good. I and Blair have been on and off since 5th grade. But we never had sex. I always told her we didn't need to rush and she can take as much time as she wants. So I hated myself for betraying her. I hated myself because I enjoyed being with Betty. I remember Jughead used to have the biggest crush on her and when we were friends I gave him tips to win her over. But they never happened. And our friendship broke about when I told him about the summer with Betty. He is the only one who knows and I want to keep it that way. "How were the new kids?" Nate asks. "Same old. Same old." Blair replies. "That Dan guy is kind of hot" Veronica says. "Please. He was the same guy I dated in 7th grade remember" Blair replies. "Well, he is kinda your type Serena. Sexy, skinny brooding." Serena lifts up her head to take a better look at Dan. "Don't talk like her boyfriend isn't sitting right in front of her," Nate replies. Nate and Serena are the kind of couple that makes sense. Both hot, charming, and nice. Well nicer than the rest of us at least. I catch Betty looking at me and she quickly turns away. Her hair put up in a perfect ponytail. I try to give her a smile but she walks away.