One: An Introduction

Hello! I'll be updating this fanfic on Sundays each week, with the exercise of this one. Please be patient with me, I'm new to writing and I'm not exactly what you'd call great. Any improvements or corrections are welcome!
~HJ
________________________________
Alex has returned. He'd been on another mission for MI6 and I was so worried all the time. I don't know what I would do if he didn't come back.
He doesn't know this. He may never know this. I am so in love with him, and every time he goes away my heart breaks a little.
Jack knows. I'm not surprised that she figured it out, if I'm being completely honest. It's nice sometimes, to have someone that knows, someone who can see the lovely pain that you're in. I think she realised when I started stealing his hoodies, or perhaps it was when she found me looking at photos of him while he was away. Who am I kidding, she must have seen his contact name in my phone, '❤️❤️❤️ALEX❤️❤️❤️'. Yeah, because thats not obvious at all, is it?
'You love him, don't you?' I remember her saying.
At first I'd tried to deny it, but it was no use. I stuttered and spluttered for about a minute while she just looked at me expectantly. Eventually, I said:
'Yeah.'

If you asked me why I am in love with Alex, I'd talk until you fell asleep. If you asked me to describe him, in as many words as I like, I'd make Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix jealous. I'll try to be concise.
Alex is so, so, so breathtakingly beautiful. He has long fair hair that falls perfectly into his eyes, and looks like he spends hours trying to get it just right. Actually, I doubt Alex even owns a hairbrush. He just wakes up naturally gorgeous (I've seen it at sleepovers).
His eyes are mesmerising, pools of chocolate brown that I get lost in too often for my own good. It's clear to see that he's been through too much, because his eyes are haunted. I'd chase the ghosts away if I could. I'd do anything to free him from his demons.
His smile is enchanting, and when he grins, the whole room stops to stare. When he laughs, it's depressing to hear without it. When he looks at you, you feel like you're under a spotlight and the whole world is watching and everything is going to be okay, at least for now. Except, for me, it's not just a feeling. Alex is my whole world, so if he is watching, everything will be all right.
His personality is golden, a welcome bubble of hope in the midst of impossible times. He can make you laugh when you think a smile is as far away as graduation, he makes you happy when all you can feel is negative. He can brighten up your world, even if it's all grey to begin with. He's a splash of colour against a black and white everything. He's a starburst of beauty in a deformed existence.

I don't even know if Alex is gay. I guess he could be bisexual or something, but he's never hinted at liking guys. To be honest, neither have I.
I'm going to school soon, and by school I mean Alex's house, then school. I'm show up at his house every morning, then we walk to school together.
I'm three houses away, and I can see Alex waiting in his garden, which means he'd usually joke about me sleeping in. I walk up to him, but instead of saying anything, he just hugs me. I savour this moment, wrapped in his arms, feeling his small, muscular body pressed against mine. Alex is smaller than me, but he's in a lot better shape. He lets go, and I suddenly feel cold.
'We better get going,' he mumbles.
'Okay,' I say, using my softest voice. I hope he can't tell the undertone of love.