25. The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Taylor's POV

Because of everything going on with my pregnancy we have to go to appointments every couple of weeks. We've been to a couple so far and I'm twenty six weeks along now, and so far everything is stable and both babies are doing really well. We're still staying vigilant and careful, especially as I get bigger and the boys get bigger, but today we're going to look at a house because we think we've finally found the perfect one for us.

"Are you ready to go?" Karlie walks into the kitchen as I pace and I laugh as I nod, "definitely, these boys are going crazy." The twins are so active right now and for some reason the car calms them so I'm eager to get out of the house and hopefully not have a baby kicking me in the ribs every five seconds because it hurts way more than I ever anticipated.

"Come on then, hopefully they'll calm when we get to our new home," Karlie rests her hand on my bump as she pulls me into a kiss and I pull away as I laugh, "we might not get it, Kar, it might not feel right when we get there." We're going to see it before we put down an offer, that way we will know for sure if its the right place for us. "It's going to be perfect, I know it," she smirks as she intertwines our fingers and I just smile as I shake my head, she's always so sure of everything and she's yet to be wrong.

We make sure we have everything and then Karlie helps me into her car. I've still got another ten weeks to go but I'm already so big. "Are you alright?" She laughs as I try and get comfortable and I send her a playful glare, "next time you get me pregnant, maybe try and aim for one baby."

The soldier laughs as she pulls out of the driveway, wearing a cheeky smirk as she looks over to me, "next time?" I roll my eyes as I blush, "theoretically? Sure. Realistically? Maybe not." I rub my bump as I smile, obviously having another baby might be something we talk about in the future but who knows how we're going to handle three kids, nevermind adding onto that.

"I'm not the only one responsible for this, it was your egg that split to create two of them," I roll my eyes as she smirks at me, "technicalities, Kloss."

The house we're looking at isn't on the base, we wanna set down roots here so we found a house in a good neighbourhood that will work for our whole family. It really is a nice neighbourhood and there are parents with little kids and yards with swing sets - it's a perfect place for our family.

"Wait there," Karlie laughs as she parks and gets out of the car, walking around to my door to help me out. "Thank you," I smile as I take her hand and once I get to my feet I press a kiss to her lips. "I think they finally fell asleep," I laugh as we walk up the driveway, the twins finally at peace, "I told you so," Karlie just smirks and I can't help but smile.

We meet the realtor as she opens the door to us and we all share quick greetings as Karlie keeps a grip on my hand. This is the third house she's shown us but this is the one we're all most confident about.

"It really is beautiful," I smile as she walks us through the house, the pictures online are amazing but it truly feels like a home being here. "Imagine it, Teff, Grayson and the twins playing in their playroom there, you baking one of your million recipes in the kitchen, a swing set or a sandbox in the backyard. This feels like home."

My heart feels so content as I nod, everything bad that has happened in the last few weeks feels at peace for the moment.

She leads us upstairs and there's enough room for the boys to have their own rooms eventually. "I'll give you guys a minute," the realtor smiles as she leaves us in one of the bedrooms and we both smile back as we nod.

"What are you thinking?" Karlie wraps her arms around me from behind and I smile, "that we should put a crib on each of those walls, the dresser in front of the window and a rocking chair in the corner." I peek over my shoulder at her and she's wearing an excited grin, "this is the one?" I nod as I laugh, "this is the one, this is our home."