7 - Evidence

thank you for almost 2k reads :)

A6d POV

~

I quickly drive to the office. How long has Skeppy had the gun? Why did he hide it there? Did he want me to find the gun? As I'm driving, something catches my eye in the passenger seat. I look to my right and see Skeppy sitting there, with a serious look on his face. He's looking at the ground. I suddenly feel the urge to talk to the hallucination. I think about what to say and continue driving.

"It's a shame, isn't it?" Skeppy whispers. "How you found my gun. It was a stupid move to hide it there. But just the thought of you suspecting something about me makes my heart race... I can't wait until the day you find out about everything..." He smiles.

"Why are you here...?" I ask.

I look back to the left and see he's gone. Damn. What was that about? What truth? It makes his heart race? I have so many questions, but I have to show this evidence and get it in the lab for testing. 7 minutes later I arrive and go to the Chief's office. I knock on the door.

"Hello, its a6d, am I allowed to come in?"

 "Ah, yes," Chief responds.

I open the door and see him typing on his computer. I silently sit down at the chair in front of his desk. 

I start, "I needed to talk to you because I talked with Skeppy in person like you told me. I have the recording on my phone to look into it. I looked around his house and found bloodstains on the rug and took photographs of it. But I also found a critical piece of evidence."

I look through my bag and get a suitcase out. I open it and reveal the gun Skeppy had, and the 6 bullets, still in the bag. I also get out the photographs I took and show him.

The Chief stares at the items in thought. "I'll get this evidence to the lab and test it for any fingerprints on it and identify it. Thank you for showing this. You can leave the evidence here and I'll get this up to the lab."

"Yes, of course. Thank you, Chief." I say. I leave his office quietly.

I walk to my office expecting more files to do. I get in and start working. But I can't get it done. My thoughts are so distracted. The fact I found bloodstains and a gun in Skeppy's house just shocks me. He couldn't have killed Bad. If he did, why did he kill Bad and not me? It's not like I'm good enough to live with a missing left eye... Damnit, I shouldn't say that. I should just continue to work.

Timeskip

I finish another file and put it in the basket. I look to my left and see Skeppy. What now? I wait, but he doesn't say anything. He just stares at me with a neutral expression. He finally gets up from the chair and walks toward me slowly. 

Skeppy whispers, "Well, well, well... good job on getting something done. You're eventually getting closer to find ███. Ś̸̹͒ọ̵͚̓ ̸̗͌t̵̃͜h̴̯̒a̶̫͂t̷̟́s̴̜͠ ̸̠̌g̶̞̾o̸̟̅õ̸͓͐d̷͕͊!̵̮̆Your reaction will be priceless... I can't imagine the look on your face when you see ███. Ö̸͍́h̴̭̕,̶͚͛ ̵͔̇e̴͈̅s̴̡̓p̸͇̀e̸̞͛č̴̦ï̵͉à̶̙l̸̢̿l̷̺̊ý̴͕ ███! T̸̼̂h̷̾͜a̴̻͌t̷̝̾s̶̲̈́ ̷͕͊à̴̜ ̸̥̓r̸̳͒ę̵̓à̵̖l̸̫̏l̷͆͜ÿ̵̬́ ̵͈̊g̶̡͆o̷͇͝ŏ̵͔d̵͉̈ ̵͘ͅp̵̤͂a̷̞̔r̵͚̍t̴͖͂!̷̨͂Well, good luck then. I'll see you later~" 

I see Skeppy disappear into blue and white sparkles. What the hell was that? What did he say?  What does he mean? This is some dark magic kind of shit. I'm pretty sure he's talking about foreshadowing. I should pay more attention, especially in my dreams. I continue to write on another file. I hear a knock on the door.

"C-come in," I say.

I see Mason open the door with a serious expression on his face.

"Hey, a6d. Remember you showed the evidence to Chief? We found out the identity who held it, and they need you to check it out. Follow me please."

I get up and follow Mason to the lab on the 5th floor. He leads me to the lab entrance and we get inside. We're offered gloves and we put them on. A police officer leads me and Mason to a room with the gun and bullets in a glass case. He hands me a short strip of paper. I gasp.

"T-this is..." I stutter.

A scientist speaks, "Yes, you're seeing it correctly. After an analysis, many traces of an individual named 'Skeppy' fingerprints have been found on the trigger. Also, the missing person named 'Badboyhalo' has small traces of fingerprints on the muzzle. Many of us predict Skeppy killed Badboyhalo, and Badboyhalo tried to protect himself and ended up putting his fingerprints on the muzzle."

I stare in shock. I can't believe what I heard. It's true. All of this isn't a dream. It's all true. Skeppy killed Bad. That single piece of evidence proved that Skeppy killed Badboyhalo.

 I'm allowed to go back to my office, and Mason follows me back to his own. As we're in the elevator I put a hand on my face. I try to stop the tears forming in my eyes.

Mason said quietly, "Hey... a6d. I-I'm sorry you learned the truth. It must be hard... hearing a friend of yours got killed. I'll do everything I can to help you. I'm sure we'll find the murderer soon."

I still look down with my hand on my face. I respond with a small head shake. Mason pats me on the shoulder as we get off the elevator. I shuffle to my office and close the door. I silently sit on my chair.

"Why... why, why, why... why did any of this... have to happen..." I whisper.

Tears start to fall off my face, ignoring my urge not to cry. I put my head in my hands and wipe my tears. I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"Aww~... how sad. You poor, poor soul... it must be so hard to lose a friend. Well, I must say, you've gotten closer, but not close enough. It would be best just to give up right now..." Skeppy whispers near my ear.

"I... won't... give up," I say quietly.

"Hmph. Wise choice. Good luck then~." 

I sense Skeppy is gone. I look up and try to do a file. But I just can't. My hand shakes and drops the pen on the desk. I can't believe Skeppy killed Bad. Why did he kill him... He didn't do anything wrong...

Why. Why. Why. I have to do something. I calm down and sit up in my chair. I plan what to do in my head.

"We have to do something about this immediately. I have to interrogate Skeppy and get everything out of him. I have to know why he killed Bad. I have to do this..!" I think to myself.

I get up and walk to Mason's office near mine. I knock on the door and he responds. I quietly open it.

"Mason. I know what to do." I say.

Mason gestures me into his office and I sit down in front of him.

"Alright. Two days from now we go to Skeppy and get him to come here so I can interrogate him. How we do it? I'm not sure, but let's just do the usual plan. That sound good?" I explain.

"Yeah. Sounds like a plan. I'll contact the Chief and Sherrif about it and see if they approve." Mason responds.

"Alright. Thanks." I say. 

I leave quietly and walk back to my office. I sit down and try to do another file. I still can't. I look behind me and see Skeppy staring at me with a smug. 

"Oh~? You're going to interrogate me? Oh noo... I'm so scared~." He rolls his eyes.

"You're not real." I glare.

Skeppy smiles evilly and disappears into sparkles. Why is this happening to me? How is Skeppy doing that, or whatever that is...? I shake it off and do a file.

I'll be sure to get everything out of you. Skeppy. You damn murderer.

~

Word count -  1356