CHAPTER 18 - A PIECE OF YOUR HEART

SPECIAL SCENE

I've been avoiding Lauren for days, running in every way possible, whether it's hiding inside the house or going out before she arrives and going home with one of my friends. I know, it's childish and can even be silly, but I can't face it, everything is still very confusing for me. Since the day she declared she was in love with me, it seems that something inside has been rocked and has now gone out of place.

How could she? We never supported each other, she always was a complete idiot around me, several times crossing limits, and yet she says she's in love with me since the first time we met?

Unbelievable.

"Camila Cabello Estrabao!"

"Fuck, Karla! Do you want to scare me to death?"

I quickly move away from the window after my sister scared me, and for the first time, I couldn't thank her any more for being inconvenient. Thanks to her, now I can finally stop looking at that stupid girl.

"What a drama queen, little sister. What were you looking at?"

"Nothing." I answer immediately and I stand in front of the window, trying to stop her from killing her curiosity. "What do you want?"

Karla looks at me suspiciously, but she doesn't approach the window, walking towards my bed instead. I sigh, running my hands over my shorts, I hadn't even noticed they were sweaty. I don't even know what nervousness that Jauregui causes me, but she confuses me a lot.

"When you stop thinking about Lauren, let me know, okay?"

"What?"

"That's right. Camila, do you think you can fool me? It's me, your twin? Did you forget that we shared the same placenta? I know you."

"Stop being crazy." I groan and sit next to her, Karla looks at me suspiciously, and before I can ask what she wants, the crazy woman gets up from the bed and runs to the window. "Imbecile and gossip."

"I knew! I knew you were staring at Lauren. Why haven't you guys talked yet?"

"You can only have gone crazy once and for all. Do you really think I want something with Jauregui?"

"She is hot."

She says matter-of-factly, looking out the window, and I look at her in disbelief.

"Karla ?!"

"What? I just told the truth, I'm not blind and much less so, like you."

"Tell me what you want and get out of my room."

"Oh yes, Dad asked you to bring water to Lauren."

"You take it. I have other things to do."

"Like looking at the girl through the window like a maniac? Take the water at least to hydrate her, I'm sure that she got thirsty from being so dried by you."

"Fuck you."

"I really am, that's why I won't be able to give her water." I make a disgusted face, lying on my bed. "Our parents went out with Sofi and I'm going to meet Rodrigo, be smart... and Camila?"

"What the hell?"

"Then tell me if Lauren's kiss is good."

My eyes almost pop out of their sockets and I sit on the bed, about to throw one of my pillows at her, but before I can hit her, the asshole ran out of the room and slammed the door, leaving me incredulous and alone.

"I will never kiss Lauren Jauregui."

I promise myself, deluding myself, because little did I know that I would fall for that stupid girl and kiss her days later.