CHAPTER 28 - PLACE OF PEACE

Camila's POV

The next day couldn't have started any better. When I looked through the window I could see that the snow had decreased considerably, I believe it is possible to go out on the street. I want to go for a walk; I'm tired of staying home. My wife is still sleeping, I was very careful when I got out of bed to do my morning hygiene before leaving the room and coming to prepare our breakfast. I will take it to her in bed; my wife deserves to be pampered.

"I can't believe you got up before I woke you up."

I groan as I return to the bedroom and find the bed empty and the bathroom door open. I hear the sound of the flush and then the sink tap, and then she left the bathroom, her face scrunched up and her hair slightly disheveled. How can she be beautiful even then?

"We even need to talk about the fact that you got out of bed and left me alone."

She also grunts, still groggy, walking back to the bed and throwing herself into it. I smile at her grumpy way, before she didn't complain, but now that we are getting closer and closer again, her freedom to make complaints has returned. I leave the tray with our coffee and breakfast on the side table, climbing on the mattress and getting close to her.

"I went to prepare our breakfast, grouchy."

"For you have just been forgiven." She quickly raises her head, with a huge smile on her face, and as if activated, her stomach makes a loud noise. "See? Junior also agrees with me."

"We better feed this little monster before he eats us." I joke and burst out laughing. I turn to pick up the tray and place it between the two of us, when I look at her I see her with a shameless expression on her face. "What is it?"

"He can't eat you, but I can."

"Lauren!"

I exclaim in horror at her comment. She fell on the bed laughing, enjoying herself.

"Sorry, I'm kidding, but I couldn't miss the joke."

"Here, eat and stop talking nonsense." I take a toast and pass some strawberry jam, taking it to her who quickly opens her mouth to receive it. "Occupy your mouth with this and no more jokes."

She makes a sign of surrender while chewing, letting out a groan as a way to approve the taste that is in her mouth. I'm glad she liked the jam that I had the trouble to make myself.

"I love your jam. Camz?"

"Hm?"

Liking the toast too, delighting me with that wonder. I am a great cook, I am proud of my culinary gifts and if I didn't love dancing so much, I would certainly be a chef.

"Give me more, please."

I look at her, who is making a puppy dog face, and roll my eyes.

"Will I have to feed you now?"

"Yes."

"You are too relaxed."

"You are my wife, one of your jobs is to pamper me."

Even though I complained, I still feed her because my intention was to pamper her even if she takes advantage of it. But Lauren really deserves all this good treatment for the incredible woman she shows to be more and more.

"Lazy"

"Beautiful"

"Don't speak with your mouth full."

Although I wanted to pamper her, she made sure to return the care, putting food in my mouth and filling me with kisses. I am too passionate about her affectionate way, I never imagined that Lauren could be like that and I understand Camila from the past having fallen in love with her. Each day I discover more of how much of a companion and protector she is, besides being a good mother too.