Chapter 9

"In your visions, see Rako Hardeen, you do?" Master Yoda asks, perched on the end of Ahsoka's bed.

"Yes, Master." She replies, wishing he would hurry up and leave. It's not that she dislikes the Grandmaster, but she didn't enjoy saying goodbye to Kix and Jesse, and Fives is due back on Coruscant any minute. Rex had promised to send the ARC straight to her recovery room.

She frowns, "It doesn't make any sense. I never saw Rako's face, so how do I know what he looks like?"

"Strange, visions are. See things that we never believed we would see, we do." Ahsoka nods as if she understands what Master Yoda is saying.

It's times like this when she wishes she can go back to Mortis for five minutes to figure all this out. Having visions of future events isn't unusual for Jedi but having visions of different outcomes for something that already happened is unheard of.

"Dangerous, I do not think these visions are." Master Yoda says, finally hinting that he's done interrogating her. "Meditate and rest, you must. Tired, you are."

She wholeheartedly agrees with him. Between her insomnia and bouts of anxiety, Ahsoka's exhausted.

Just as he jumps off the bed, the door swings open and Fives strolls inside, extending his arms, "Ahsoka Tano, the only Jedi who can fall from a building and not land on her- ah, General Yoda!"

Immediately, Fives snaps from his usual confident self into a petrified shiny meeting their Sergeant for the first time.

He salutes stiffly, nearly poking himself in the eye with the rose that he's holding in one hand. His cheeks are darkly flushed, and Ahsoka presses her lips together to suppress a smile when his left eye twitches.

"At ease, ARC trooper." Master Yoda says, completely unfazed as he walks towards the door. "At the Citadel, you were."

"Uh, yes, sir?" Fives replies, not sure if it's a question or not.

"Thankful for your service, Fives, I am."

With that, Master Yoda shuts the door behind him.

"Uh, Fives?" Ahsoka raises an eye marking after a few seconds pass and the clone still hasn't moved. "He's gone now, and I believe he gave you an order to stand at ease."

Slowly, Fives exhales. "The Grandmaster of the Jedi Order knows my name."

"Count yourself lucky- sometimes he gets Anakin and I confused." Ahsoka grins. Whenever Fives is around, she's always smiling, even if she's bed bound in a medbay. "Are you just going to stand there?"

He shakes his head and comes to stand by the side of her bed, "What's this I hear about you taking a blaster bolt for Kenobi? I thought that was the General's job."

"I saw the sniper take aim before Anakin did." Ahsoka says, wincing at the memories of that dreadful night- the feeling of blood rushing to her head when she saw Obi-Wan about to be killed.

"Badass." He chuckles, running a thumb down the rail of her bed and then suddenly remembering the rose he's holding. "Can you believe there's not a single florist shop between the landing platform and the Temple? I had to borrow this from a Senator's balcony."

"It wasn't Senator Amidala's, was it?" Ahsoka asks, accepting the flower and laying it on her bedside table next to Padmé's bouquet.

"Eh, maybe." The ARC shrugs, pulling out a marker pen from nowhere, "So, can I sign your cast?"

Before she can stop him, Fives lifts the sheet covering her left leg and immediately pales when he sees nothing but a stump.

Did Rex not tell him?