Chapter 2: The Knight of Rebellion

Third Person's POV

Kuoh's Park

The air around the park seems tensed as sparks can see flying around the area as a fight happening under the red sky of Kuoh. The brunette re-opened his eyes as scanning the place with magic as he looked towards two people clashing each other weapons in their hands.

"(Y/N)! There are people around here! Better finish it quickly!" Dipper pointed out towards the young Dream Demon. "Also duck!"

Heading his advice, (Y/N) ducks a horizontal swing from the blond-haired swordswoman. "I know, Mason!"

"What's the matter Cipher?" Mordred inquired as she went for a kick to the chest, which guarded his arms, sending him away creating distance between them. She readied her blade once more as red lightning crackled on her blade. "Feeling tired already?"

"I'm still recovering, thanks for asking." (Y/N) sarcastically replied, holding onto his sheathed Excalibur. "And besides, this sword is different than my previous one."

"Excalibur Deity was it? Well, some white-haired mage changed that into what you call Excalibur-Proto. It's a prototype of the original sword created by the Church. I thought you knew about it already?"

"I'm not a sword junkie like you,"

"Hey! I'm a knight! Of course, I know about it-"

Without hesitation, (Y/N) swings his sheathed sword forward, colliding with her blade once more. He then proceeds to follow up by unsheathing the blade as he went for a point-blank stab. However, he was caught off guard by the speed of the Reincarnated Knight in front of him as she swiftly dodged the attack, slightly cutting her outfit. She counteracts with a follow-up punch to the face, staggering the male in the place before following up with a leg sweep, dropping him down to the floor. She twirled the blade around as she went for a downward slash.

The Dream Demon grabs the nearby dust on the ground before throwing it upward, disrupting her momentum. (Y/N) rolled away just a nick of time as he assumed the crouching position and before burst forward, running towards Mordred. She stood up straight, holding onto her blade once more as she prepared from the incoming attack.

(Y/N) slides in-between her legs, stopping himself from behind before smacking Mordred's back with the flat side of his weapon. He starts to back off a bit as she turned her body around for a big swing from her sword. He kept backing away from the wild slashes made by the Reincarnated Knight of Treachery until he felt his back pressing onto something. He looked behind him, to see a vending machine.

"I got you now!" Mordred exclaimed, preparing for powerful slash, as red lightning crackled from her sword.

"Adieu~" I gave a cheeky smile before phasing through the machine, reappearing behind it. Mordred widened her eyes in shock as she cut through it with ease. As the machine splits through, in a split second, she saw a smiling Dream Demon behind it, giving a teasing smile before jumping forward.

Mordred quickly put her guard up, letting her blade clashes with the Excalibur as she pushed back slightly. She is, however, unable to see his left arm, shaking a can of cola as he pointed the opening, directly to her face before cracking it open. The spray of cola hits her eyes, temporarily blinds her for a short moment. (Y/N) took the opportunity for a sidekick to the stomach, sending her backwards.

"Tch...cheap trick," Mordred coughed in pain, wiping down the cola from her eyes, now completely drenched by it.

"Well, can't say I'm chivalrous," (Y/N) smirked before taking a sip from the cola. "Besides, you attacked me first without warning. I guess it's fair of a trade-"

Out of nowhere, the Dream Demon dodges the two-handed sword by a nick of time, cutting his cheek slightly. He then received a swift kick to the side, making him cough a bit of saliva.