III

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

Three days after that coffee with Nene. After finding out who the girl was. I'm now in my house, just sitting on Bright's favorite massage chair. I've been having sleepless nights and his chair is the only place I've slept comfortably after he left. I tried sleeping at our bed, but it's become too spacious. I tried the couch, same thing. The last I tried was the massage chair. I slept well that night. His scent still lingers on the cloth of the chair.

But after that, it's just been crying that makes me fall asleep. Being exhausted from it. I've looked at the mirror once and to my horror. Large bags under my eyes and dark circles. Hair is a mess. I looked like the part I played in a movie I acted years ago. The one where the main character went insane.

Oh no, am I going insane?

'Maybe you are.'

There's that voice again. Am I really? No. Nonsense. I should keep myself busy.

But my thoughts are interrupted when the door opened. I didn't bother to look and guessed that it was Nene. Then I heard the footsteps. Heavy and not like Nene's.

"B-bright?" My voice cracks. I haven't had eaten yet nor drank any water. The only liquid I've been consuming was Alcohol

Hearing his footsteps walk over to where I am. I feel his hand brushing my hair.

"Hey darling." His sweet voice. Oh god. After hearing that for how many weeks. I realized how much I've missed him. My heart starts to race and I cry.

"Why, why did you leave me?" My voice comes out as a croak and I cry. He crouches and hugs me. My weak attempts to slap him, fails. As a result, it only came out as weak hitting to his chest.

I just kept on crying.

"Tell me again I want to hear." I say in between cries. "Was she the one? Who seduced you? Who made you break your faith?" My voice starting to raise now.

I feel him shift and he lifts my head to look at him. He has this look on this face. One that I see from films he does when his character gets mad, but I wouldn't have guessed I'd experienced it first hand. Or maybe I'm just seeing things again.

"I'm tired of this. All I wanted was a family. You're not the only one suffering. For years, we've been trying for a baby. Going to different gods to pray. Endless appointments with doctors. There wasn't even a problem with any of us!" His voice cracks and there are tears on the corner of his eyes. "But yet we still aren't blessed with a child." He starts to cry.

"B-but we've talked about Bright! You said you were okay! To stop trying! I insisted we still try." My voice is starting to raise at this point.

"I thought I was okay with it! But I'm not. Seeing our other friends already have children when we're the ones who married earlier than them! It broke me inside! You don't know how much I hurt." He points to his chest, where his heart is. "Every time I go home, I have to prepare myself. That I'm okay. Just to make you happy. But it killed me inside!" His voice breaks. I just sit there quietly. Not knowing what to do.

"All I am was an empty husk of who I was before. I didn't truly feel happy. I just wore a mask. It's not very hard to do so, since I've been acting all my life. But the pain is still there. I didn't feel anything but pain." He stands from where he is and walks to the door. I look at his retreating figure. I felt that all my energy from my body was drained.

He opens the door, but stops mid-way. Looking over at my direction, he turns his face towards me and with a serious tone in his voice says these words that will forever haunt me.

"It's you, (Y/n). Who broke my faith in all these years."

With that said, he walks out of the door and slams it shut.

I feel my heart about to burst from my chest. Trying to break out to run after him, but my legs won't move. My body won't function. Tears continue to fall.

As if on auto-pilot, my body moves on its own and walk over to the cabinet where I keep my wine. Not bothering to take a glass with, I walk upstairs.

Each step I take, it feels like walking on broken glass. My heartbeats are drumming loudly. My thoughts are all jumbled up. I don't know what to feel. If I should be angry or sad? All I know is I feel like shit.

I don't know how else to numb the pain.

At this very moment, my only solution is to drink it all away. Hope that it is just a dream. That none of the events that happened was real.

Maybe it was just an impostor of Bright. Maybe she just seduced him, and this is what she's been feeding him on his mind.

A lot of maybe's going through my mind. I don't know if any of them are even valid thoughts.

Or maybe he was just practicing for a script.

'Believe all you want, but you know full well yourself that everything that just happened was true. You just got slapped by reality.'

There's that damned voice again.

"S-stop it!" I wail. "I don't want to hear you anymore! I just want to be left alone! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" With an angry shout, I threw the bottle of wine on the wall of our bedroom.

The sound of glass shattering and dark red liquid stained on the large picture frame and carpet. Some of the contents are scattered on the carpet.

Our wedding photo, that's hanged on the wall of the room, where I threw the bottle. Destroyed and stained. The wedding gown in the picture I'm wearing is stained with the dark red liquid. And a piece of bottle stuck coincidentally on where my heart is suppose to be in the frame.

It clearly depicts on the pain that I feel.

I let out a painful shout and at the very same time, thunder boomed.

Then heavy rain started to pour.