VI

It's been two weeks now since I've last seen his face and felt his touch. Every night I wonder why do I keep on asking, why. Why did I let him go? why didn't I fight for the both of us? These questions would bother me until I've fallen asleep.

After the whole set up that Nene did, I went back to acting. It only started with making special guest shows in a few episodes and movies and then it progressed with landing the leading role in a new movie. About a single mom who has to go through hardships and constantly being bothered by a spirit of another dead mother. Not having time for herself and always up late to take care of her baby, only to be pestered by a ghost as well. Until unknowingly her tired soul calls out for help and this dead mother appears. They have a very strange relationship at first. But eventually became friends. It's somewhat like a horror comedy. I landed that role immediately after the first week. News spreads fast and after others saw me get out of the set with Nene, immediately there were pictures and articles. My inbox and email already filled with messages. With questions if I'm coming back to act and others congratulating me. They still don't know about the news between me and my husband. The only person who knows about this is Nene. And my husband, I mean the cheater, for sure knows how to keep it lowkey and hidden.

I let myself get busy 2 weeks straight. Not taking even a day off. Making sure that I get my head off of the things that has happened. But lately I've been feeling nauseous and would often dislike strong scents. It would always happen at mornings, when I wake up or during on set when we've done overtime shootings. They would give me this worried look and I'd tell them it's probably from something I ate.

Until Nene approached me one day and made my blood run cold from these words.

"Hey (n/n), I think you might be pregnant..."

"What? You're kidding me. It must be something that I ate." Then the memory of me and Bright in bed the last time came in mind. "Besides, I haven't been seeing anyone nor did I sleep with my husbabd." Teeth gritting at the mention of him.

Nene looks at me with a worried look and decides to drop the subject off. "Okay, it probably must be from the stress. You should take a day off tomorrow and get checked up." She gives me a hug. "Even Director Cho is worried about you."

Hugging back, I reassure her. "Okay, for everyone's sake I'll do that. Now let's go, I need to go home and shower all this make up off. I'm still not comfortable being caked up with all this." Breaking the hug and pointing to my face. She laughs and nods her head.

I just really hope I'm not pregnant.

🌕🌕🌕

Still awake, I decide to open some of my fan mails. They still deliver a huge load of it and all of it would be in a specific room in the house.

Now on my sixth letter, I hear my notification ping from my phone. Unlocking it, I see it was from an unknown number. Now, who would text me at 1am in the morning?

From:
+66061******

To:
+66062*******

Hello (Y/n). I'm Weeraya, I guess you already know who I am. I don't know if you'll continue to read this message, but I hope you do. I would like to meet with you tomorrow morning at 8am for coffee. So that you'll finally see me and hear out my side. I know it's too much for me to ask. To be honest Bright doesn't even know about this. But please I'm asking you to hear me out. It's better if we discussed this in person instead through text. I hope you come. I will send you the address of the cafe on the next message.