16

By the end of the week, Jimin was more than stressed

Dealing with an overload of college assignments, worrying about Yoongi, sulking over his own failing love life, thinking about family problems that he had to endure during break— everything was falling apart in the blonde's mind.

He didn't tell his best friend about his parents sliding signed divorce papers in front of him and his sibling. Instead of gifts, he received heartbreak that Christmas Eve.

His plans for celebrating New Years as a happy family definitely didn't happen.

So there he was, in the same bar he visited last week after arrive on the campus.

The blonde sat by the bar, shot glasses after shot glasses messily lined in front of him, all empty. It was a Friday so the place was pretty packed. A few men and women had already tried their chances with the miserable drunk but Jimin rejected every single one of them as he usually did.

After people started catching on, most of them eventually stopped bothering the male when they saw just how wasted he was.

"Jimin?"

Never mind, he spoke too soon.

The said male ignored the sound of his own name, asking the bartender for another shot. When he felt a tap on his shoulder, he harshly pulled himself away, more than ready to yell at whoever was interrupting his alcohol time. Turning around, he was caught off guard when he recognized the person even through his hazy vision.

Hoseok.

"Oh, it's youuu." Jimin mumbled distasteful with a hiccup, clearly not fond of the guy at the moment. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same, Minie."

"Ugh, don't caaaall me that. Only Yoonieee can call me Miiiniee." The younger whined, gulping down the shot of alcohol the bartender slid across the counter.

"Jimin, you're drunk." Hoseok stated the obvious with a sigh.

He really wasn't in the mood to deal with the wasted male. The brunet just got out of an hour-long scolding from Jin. His older friend told him what Yoongi told him and his guts twisted at every word. He needed a drink to clear his thoughts.

But unfortunately, he couldn't even have that now that he felt obligated to bring Jimin back to his dorm.

"Come on. Stop drink, let's go." Hoseok lightly grabbed the younger's wrist, tugging him off of the chair, only for the blonde to slap his hand away. The taller flinched away with an offended look.

"Youu." Jimin harshly poked the older's chest. "Don't get to telll meee what to dooo. Not after you hurting my Yoooniee. I know you hurt him but he won't tell me anythiiingg. Best friends my ass."

The brunet remained silent, knowing very well that the younger's words were true.

Jimin stood up, stumbling onto Hoseok's chest while the older instinctively held his waist for support. The blonde scowled, trying to push the male away but Hoseok refused since he knew the younger would only fall to the floor in his own drunken state.

The shorter sniffled, weakly hitting Hoseok's chest with his little fists. "I don't.. I don't even know why Yoongi likes you."

He continued his useless beating until the older's finally had enough of it, tightly holding Jimin's wrists enough to restrain him but not enough to actually hurt the guy.

"Enough, Jimin." Hoseok warned.

The smaller male looked up, his dazed eyes meeting the older's sober ones. They searched around the brunet's face— from his shaped brows, sloped nose, and brown eyes— before muttering an "I-I hate you."

And without a warning, Jimin leaned in, connecting his own lips against Hoseok's.

The older was caught off guard, hands still holding the other's wrists between their chests.

Though he kissed back without letting his mind process his doings.

=

I'm sorry if this seemed half-assed and short 😔 I'm exhausted but I felt bad for not updating this book for two nights straight

Just wait 'til next chapter 🙂