20

Mahir woke up early in the morning feeling lightheaded. He muttered the morning supplications as he tried to get up but held back by asma whose head was on his stomach.

"Asma." He gently nudged her shoulder willing she wakes up as soon as possible, because he needs to go to the toilet. And it's now or never.

"Hmmm." She slightly opened her eyes for a while then closed them again. "Asma get up." He slowly sat up careful not to hurt her and managed to get up after he had placed her head on the bed.

He rushed to the toilet and eased himself. Asma woke up due to the sudden movement and had watched as he dashed to the toilet. She rolled her neck to ease the ache that she was feeling. "Subhanallah."

He performed ablution then walked out. He found her by the drawer checking something on her phone. "Go and perform ablution, so we can pray." She looked up and smiled saying, "okay,how are you feeling now."

"Much better Alhamdullilah" he said ,I'm glad we said and saunter into the bathroom.
He nod and laid out the praying mat. He sat on the bed and read some dua's as he waited for her to come out.

She came out about 5 minutes later, and wore her hijab. He turned to her when she cleared her voice to get his attention. He finished reading what he was reading, before he got up and lead the prayer.

After they finished praying , they read the Quran before going back to sleep.

.

Asma woke up at exactly 11:25am, took her bath, got dressed and sat in front of the mirror and opened her makeup bag.

She applied a nude makeup, and was about to tie her turban when she remembered Maheer saying he loves seeing her hair, so she smiled and kept the veil aside.

She stood up, made the bed and was about going to start parking their luggage since they were leaving the day after tomorrow, when she heard a loud thud from the bathroom.

She rushed to the door, and knocked.

"Maheer, are you okay!!" She asked but no response. "Maheer, are you okay?" She repeated this time a bit louder banging on the door.

"Answer me!! Maheer is everything alright?" she knocked harder.

She tried to open the door but it was locked from inside. "Hasbunallahi wani'imal wakeel." Tears began to cloud her vision.

"Maheer! maheer!! Open the door, are you okay?" but still no response, so she ran back to the room, picked a veil and dashed out to the reception.

"Excuse me ma'am, can you please get someone to open the bathroom toilet in room 1056, my husband is locked inside and I... I think something h..happened" she rambled. Her whole body was shaking as she talked.

"Please don't worry ma'am, I will get someone to open it right away." The receptionist said making a call and in less than a minute, a repairer came and they went up to their room along with the a staff of the hotel.

"Ma'am, please don't worry, everything will be alright" the man tried to comfort her noticing how she was shaking as he tried to open the door. She was behind him, chewing her nail.

"I pray so" she said praying that everything is okay.

The man finally opened the door and she ran inside, the sight in front of her made her gasp tears rolled down her cheeks.

Maheer was on the floor, with a bathrobe on and a bit of blood oozing from his wound.

"Inalillahi wainna illahi rajiun, maheer, maheer wake up please." she cried squatting beside him,The hotel staff called an ambulance and consoled her as they waited.