30

Friday

Their flight landed in Abuja at exactly 2:00pm. After all the formalities, they took their luggage and headed out. The humid and cold air of nigeria hit their face as soon as they stepped out the plane.

Khalifa was going to pick them up, so the moment they stepped out of the airport, they looked around for him. And there he was in a white kaftan raising his hands up for them. They pulled the trolley towards him with a big smile.

"Hello khalifa."Asma said with a smile.

"Welcome to Nigeria, Dr Asma and Dr Hanan." he greeted, his tone dripping with sarcasm. He bowed his head a little for them.

"Thank you." They both said and burst into fits of laughter.
They exchanged pleasantries and he offered to take their luggage which they gladly gave him because they were jet lagged. He dragged their trolley, they followed behind him to a black Mercedes Benz that was parked a few meters away.

Few minutes later, they were on the road driving to Hanna's house and they talked about everything and nothing in the car. Khalifa kept saying that asma looks fresh, and he shrugged and said that's how she has been since day one because she planned to break her pregnancy news to her husband before anyone else. They chatted until they reached hanan's house.

"Till I come." Hanan said standing by the door with her luggage. "Okay, my regards to umma."

"Okay. Bye khalifa. Thank you." Hanan waved. "You are welcome" he smiled waving back and they left, and drove straight to her house.

She got off and the gate man hurried to her and greeted her and wishing her a welcome back. She thanked him with a smile and asked him not to tell the Alhaji that she's back when he comes home. He nodded and told her that people are inside decorating the house.

Khalifa helped her with her luggage into the house. The livingroom was beautifully decorated in black and gold. A young woman dressed in a nude gown was instructing people to do this and that in the living room. Asma salamed and walked to her. "Hello Lilian"Asma greeted smiling.

"Amarya"Lilian beamed, as she made her way to her and hugged her.

"How are you?" Asma asked, as she pulled out from the hug.

"Great.You are glowing Amarya, you look very beautiful." lilian said.

"Thank you. The place looks very beautiful. l love it." Asma said looking around. "Glad you liked it" Lilian smiled and also turned to examine her work. 

"We are done with the decoration in your room." Lilian said smiling and Asma looked at her. "Thank you so much,"she said and excused herself to Maheer's room. Balloons were all over the floor and some Ash and black balloons hanging on the ceiling with rose petals shaped into a heart on the bed.

Some scented candles were on the bed bench that read I love you, but are not yet lit. Smiling she walked deeper into the room taking in the beautiful decoration and the amazing scent of  her husband and home.

She opened her handbag, brought out the scrapbook and the small gift box and placed it on the bedside drawer.

She went back downstairs admiring everything. It looks so beautiful. Khalifa has left already, and will be back later.

"Excuse me lilian, I will be right back" she said smiled.

"Okay." Lilian nodded.
She headed for her in laws house. Her mother in law Ammi welcomed her with open arms, offered her food before walking back to her house. Fatima and Adda jannah came shortly after with the cakes.